The Bet

(This chapter is a week or two before their finals.)

Justin's POV

"One more." I said to the bartender who cast an annoyed glance at me probably because of the way I broke the last two bottles on the floor.

He passed me another glance half-filled with alcohol. My throat no longer burned as I poured it inside my mouth. My vision blurred some more and resting my head on the counter, I asked for one more drink.

I don't know if I did drink the next drink or not because the next thing I remember, I found myself wobbling out of the club. A redhead looped her arms around me but I pushed her back and continued making my way towards the small park outside the club.

It was almost 1 at night, the park was already locked. So I just sat down against its fence, behind a car that hid me from the eyes of one or two people passing by.

I felt hollow inside. Watching her with Damien felt like I was waking on glass shards, my feet was bleeding but I couldn't stop. I couldn't stop and as far as I could see, there was pain. Unstoppable pain.

I love her.

It took me so long to realize that I fucking love her.

I know she hates me. She should, after what I have been doing to her for the last four year.

But what she doesn't know is that I was just as broken.

Everytime I hurt her, a part of my died and was replaced by darkness. Utter, black darkness. And now, four years later, there was nothing but a black hollow inside me.

I am not the same person I once was. Someone like Noah, funny, flirty and charming, but now, I am just pure evil. Whatever little kindness or purity was inside me, it was replaced by loathing and detest. Only because of one wrong choice I made.

Chloe ruined me. And I never even realized what I was becoming when I was with her. Each day, I lost an ounce of good inside me. Each day, the rage and anger inside me peeked a little.

And now, I am a sick bully with anger management issues.

I wonder if I had chose Emily that day, how would the things changed. Would I be the same arrogant and moody person that I am today? Or would I be happy and satisfied with my life?

I don't think there was anything I could do now. She hates me and she loves Damien. He is the perfect gentleman anyone could ask for. Why in the world would she chose me, the temperamental freak over him?

Resting my head back, I fought against the feeling of nausea whirling inside my stomach. I felt like I am going to be really sick tomorrow morning.

I don't even care now. Kill me for all I care.

My brain was now giving up, my mind was now giving up.

I was giving up.

I was a failure. My mother never wanted a son like me. Sean never wanted a brother like me. My father didn't have any problem as long as I was selected in Ivy League school, but he can take his expectations and shove it up his ass.

With closed eyes, I listened to my surroundings. There were voices of tyres screeching that came from somewhere around me.

"Let's not go inside yet." Someone said but I couldn't make out if it was a boy or a girl.

"Yep. I've alcohol and cigarettes. Just park somewhere calm." the other voice said that definitely belonged to a boy.

They were talking about girls and sex, but I didn't hear much. I was too tired to do so. But something in the male voices told me that I've heard them before.

Whatever. I thought and hid my head in between my knees.

"Have you tapped the virgin yet?" the same male voice said and I rolled my eyes.

"Not yet. But I had time till prom." someone said and my eyes shot open. I recognized this voice. It belonged to the guy whom I hated more than I hate Chloe because he stole Emily from me.

Damien.

"Man, she ain't giving you any. Tch Tch." a girl said.

I tried to move but couldn't. My body had given up but my mind hadn't.

"Fuck off man. I said I'll have her deflowered by prom and I ain't backing away." he said and a chill ran down my spine.

"Just keep your Chevrolet ready when I win the bet." he added and chuckled.

"Do the task first and the Chevrolet will be at your door the next morning." the other guy said and then there was noice of bottles opening. Cigarette smoke appeared out of the car window and I fought the cough threatening to leave my mouth.

"Last night, I went to second base with her. And man, her boobs! Fuck." he said and I felt the bile rise up in my throat.

How could he do that to her?

She... She likes him. She respects him. And this son of a bitch..... Fucking hell.

"Don't be jealous. You'll get a free tour to her body soon." this was followed by sounds of laughter and groans.

"Just position the camera on the right angle Dam. I don't want to jerk off to bad lightning and sound quality." a new voice said and it belonged to a guy in basketball team.

They all erupted in laughter once again.

By now, my eyes were welled with moisture. I couldn't handle how they were talking about her. Bullying her was one thing but if anybody in past tried to do any such thing to her, I would have pulled out his intestines and wrapped them around his thick head.

I heard them talking for a long time. They were saying shit after shit and despite my several attempts, I couldn't move.

I hated myself for being this weak. I hated myself for being this drunk.

At that moment, I wanted nothing more than killing each one of them with my bare hands.

By the time they left, I was soaking up in my own vomit and lying on the ground like a homeless alcoholic, with tears in my eyes.

________________________

Sorry Demily shippers.