The Cake

Emily's POV

He pinned my hands above my head and nibbled on my earlobe. "We are going to have so much fun." he said while his eyes dripped with lust.

"No." I shrieked. "Please no."

"Oh sweet Em, do you really think I'll stop?" he said and pulled my shirt apart, tearing the linen fabric.

"Why are you doing this?" I cried in agony and tried to free my hands that were in his tight grip.

"Because I have every right to." he said and chuckled in a devilish manner. "I am your boyfriend."

I shut my eyes tightly and tried to fight but his strength dominated mine. He finally succeeded in doing what he wanted and I couldn't do anything except crying.

My vision blackened when sharp pain erupted inside my body. The darkness changed unto light, bright light. It felt like I was dying and the bright penetrating light was waiting for me, to take me to the after life.

A low groan left my mouth as the bright rays of sun penetrated into my closed eyes. My eyes shot open as the dream flashed in front of my eyes. I was hyperventilating and there was a thick layer of sweat on my forehead.

"Morning sweety." Dad said as he slid the curtain to one side.

It was a dream. Just a dream. I was safe.

"Morning." I replied breathlessly and rose upto sitting position.

"Are you fine?" Dad asked when he noticed my discomfort.

"Y.. Yeah. Just a bad dream." I told him and wiped the sweat off with my slave.

It has been almost a week since the prom night and I still dreamt about it every night. For the last week, I have not been sleeping properly. Dad didn't notice it because he comes home late and by that time, I had already locked myself in my room. Everytime I close my eyes, It feels like I was living that night again and this time, Justin didn't come in time to save me.

Sighing deeply, I dragged myself to the bathroom and prepared a bath for myself.

...

I was flopped on my bed, hugging my knees. A chick flick was playing on the TV but I wasn't paying any attention. I was feeling really low and I couldn't figure out if it was due to my periods or I was just bored. I tried to call Alicia but she wasn't picking up and Sophia was having a family dinner.

Half the movie had passed when I heard the bell rang. Shifting in my seat uncomfortably, I hopped out of the bed and trudged towards the door. I open it slightly and peeked out of it, only to find Justin standing in front of the door.

Opening the door nervously, I waited for him to speak something.

"Hi." he started.

"Hi." I muttered. "What are you doing here?" It must have sounded rude because the corner of his lips immediately turned downwards.

He pulled a box that he was previously hiding behind him. "I brought you Red Velvet Cheesecake, your favorite." he said. I eyed both his face and the box consciously because let's be honest, it was really weird for him to bring that.

"Why?" I asked.

"Um... Because... Um." he looked really lost at words. "I just thought you'd like it."

I didn't know whether to take it or not. What if he had added something inside it. It won't be the first time he would do something like this. But he made it clear that he had changed. Do old habits really die that easily?

"Won't you invite me inside?" he asked, passing me one of his rare smiles. For the most times in the past, I have just saw him smirk or frown but for the last few times, I have caught him smiling sincerely.

It was beautiful.

I stepped aside and let him inside. I was still doubtful of his presence, despite the fact that how he saved me that night. It was natural to be afraid of him, for all he has done is hurt me, both physically and emotionally.

He sat down in the TV lounge and I seated myself on the farthest corner. He assessed my face when he found me playing with the hem of my shirt. "Are you afraid of me Emily?" he asked and what looked like hurt flashed his eyes.

I wanted to say 'No' but I couldn't lie so I chose a diplomatic answer. "Should I?"

A faint smile played on his lips and he replied, "It's perfectly reasonable, you know. I deserve it."

I didn't say anything in return and waited for him to start the conversation. I won't deny the fact that his presence excited me in a way that it shouldn't, not after everything that had happened between us.

"Won't you eat it? It's fresh and honestly, I'm hungry too." he chuckled. Nodding, I left to bring a knife and plates, all the while feeling his eyes on my back that made me conscious of myself. I cut the cake and put a slice in both plates. But I waited for him to eat first.

His smile died down when he observed my hesitation to eat the cake. "Do you think I spiked it?" he asked and there was accusation in his voice this time.

"It won't be the first time someone does this." I mumbled under my breath.

"I am not Damien." he replied and took the first bite to show me that it was fine.

"No, you're not. You're someone who treated me way worse than him for the most part of our high-school." I said in accusing tone, still keeping my head lowered. "Forgive me for being suspicious but I have to. I don't want to go through everything again."

His eyes bore into mine and for a moment, I wanted nothing more than to be able to trust him, just so I could be closer to him.

"It's late. I should leave." he looked around and then stood up to leave. My words hurt him and it was evident on his face. A part of me wanted to say sorry to him but the other part wanted him to feel the hurt I have been feeling.

"Good night." I said and took a bite of the delicious cake.

"Good night." he said and then walked past me, leaving me feeling alone and unhappy.

_____________________