The Storm (1)

Justin's POV

"Justin." Dad's voice growled in the hallway as I heard his footsteps coming towards my room. I pushed the empty bottles of alcohol under the bed and pulled the blanket upto my neck. I knew what was coming from the tone of his voice.

The door to my room open with a loud boom and he stepped inside. "What the fuck is this?" he threw his mobile on my bed.

"It's called mobile." I said casually and closed my eyes. The veins in his neck engorged some more at my response.

"You didn't confirm back your enrollment to UPenn? Are you fucking crazy? The deadline is long over." he looked like he was minutes away from exploding.

I gulped under his glare and turned my face away. "I'm not joining UPenn."

"Care to explain?" he growled, pulling the blanket away from me.

"I said I am not going to UPenn. I'm going to Julliard." I said and waited for him to burst.

"Julliard? I've invested so much money and time on you, just so you could end up in a fucking arts school?" he hissed. I knew he was this close to throwing me out of the bed.

"Sorry dad but it's my choice and my decision." I said and hopped out of the bed before he could throw me out.

"Your choice? You don't get a choice." he said and glowered at me.

"Why?" I felt anger swirl through me. "Stop controlling me for God's sake. I'm not a child."

"You're worse than a child." he said.

Due to his loud voice, even Mom rushed into my room. She tried to calm Dad but he wasn't the one to listen to anybody.

"There's still time. I'll call some references to get you admitted." he ordered.

"I have already told you Dad. I'm not going to UPenn. Do I need to spell it out for you?" I matched his glare. Mom motioned me to silence down but I have had enough.

"Get out." he fumed.

"What?" mom asked in surprise.

"Get out of my house." he screamed at me, pointing towards the door. My face flushed in anger and embarrassment and I turned to Mom.

"Get the fuck out." Dad growled once again.

Casting a rage filled glance towards him, I picked up my car keys, wallet and mobile from the bed and stormed out of the room.

...

"Damn, that's intense. Are you really not going back?" Noah asked to me as he led me to an empty bedroom of his house.

"No." I told him.

"But are you really ditching UPenn for a girl?" he asked and I glared at him. "Just asking." he raised his hand.

I collapsed on his bed and let out an aggravated sigh. "I fucking love her. I need to stay close to her. I can ditch hundred such opportunities for her."

"But do you think she'll be happy to know that?" he asked.

I shook my head. I knew she won't like the fact that I'll be joining her to the college. She had always hated me and for her, college must be a saviour. Knowing that her bully is joining her into it won't be an exciting news for her.

"Fuck." I cursed out loud at the realization. "I need to see her." I said and straightened up.

"Where are you going?" he shouted behind me.

"To meet Emily." I said and rushed towards my car. It was almost 7 in the evening. The rumbling of clouds could be heard from the sky. It looked like it was going to rain soon.

I revved the engine and drove the car towards her house. Few minutes have passed when the rain started to pour. Few drops at first and then suddenly changed into heavy rain. But that didn't stop me from going to meet her. I was falling hard for her, beyond the point of returning. Maybe it was my karma. I needed to see her above anything else.

I was on my way when the car suddenly stopped. I tried to restart it few times but failed. Stepping out of the car, I looked around for any other car or ride. The rain poured over me, wetting my clothes and the moisture temporarily blinded my vision.

I had two options. I could either walk for five minutes to Emily's house or wait here in the car for the rain to stop. The first option sounded a lot better. So I braced myself, locked the car and jogged towards the left of the road.

By the time I reached her house, I was dripping wet. My hair were sticking to my forehead and I was shivering in cold. Standing in front of her house, I rang the bell and waited for her to come out.

...

Emily's POV

I was sitting in front of the fireplace when the ball rang. Groaning in annoyance, I stood up and dragged myself to the door. I opened it to reveal a very wet Justin stooped in front of my house. He straightened up when he noticed me and a faint smile emerged on his face.

"Hey." he said and shook his head. Water droplets swirled away from his brown locks and some of them landed on me. The shirt he was wearing was now sticking to his body, highlighting his swoonworthy abs.

"Hey." I said in my baffled state. "What.. What are you.. Um.."

"I wanted to talk to you." he replied. His eyes raked over my body from head to toe and I immediately felt self-conscious in the denim shorts and tank top that I was wearing. I mentally slapped myself for not wearing something more appropriate.

"About?" I asked, ignoring his gaze.

"Um.. Can I come inside?" he asked, wiping the water off his eyes.

"Sorry." I apologised and stepped aside to let him in. He sneezed once he was in. "You must be cold."

"I am fi.." he sneezed once more. "Sorry."

I contemplated what to do. He will catch cold if he doesn't change out of this wet clothes. Should I offer him some clothes?

I led him to the living room and brought an extra towel from this floor's bathroom. "Dry yourself. I'll bring one of Dad's T-shirt for you." I said and excused myself.

Walking inside Dad's room, I pulled out his plain black T-shirt and trouser and while I was trudging back towards the lounge, the clouds rumbled loudly and suddenly, the lights went off.

Hurriedly, I walked back into Dad's room and searched for the torch with the help of my mobile's flashlight. When I found one, I wobbled in the little light towards the lounge where Justin was present.

A small yelp escaped my mouth when I turned the light of the torch towards him and found him drying his bare chest with the help of the towel.

_________________________