short sequel.

To spare my pride
To give your lack of interest an explanation
Don't say I'm not your type
Just say that I'm not your preferred sexual orientation
I'm so selfish
But you make me feel helpless, yeah
And I can't stand another day
Stand another day

it's been a few weeks since i confessedー i was rejected, eventually i moved on, so did he.

i arrived at school, 20 minutes before class starts. i was greeted by my friend's voiceー she scooted her chair closer to mine. " hey, (y/n)! how's your day so far? "

" swimmingly. " i replied and leaned back on my chair and closed my eyes.

" (y/n), " i heard my name being called. i thought it was the voice of my friendー i quickly shot my eyes open and saw akaashi standing in front of my desk.

my friend, who was just sitting right beside me, was now gone.

" what can i do for you? " i smiled at him, he smiled back at me which was a rare thing to see.

" i'm here to talk... " i fixed my posture to let him continue. " it's kinda embarrassing- " i cut him off with a small laugh " it's fine, it's fine! you can tell me, we're friends right? "

i heard him breathed in and out.

" i'm gay. " he muttered but it was loud enough to make me hear what he said.

i let my brain process the information that was given to me. a while and finally came up with a response, " i'm happy for you. " he showed me a sincere smile and i smiled back, a genuine one.

i leaned to his face,

" i can find pretty boys for you. "

i whispered to his ear and started chuckling. he was left in a shocked and embarrassed expression. he was about to speak but the teacher came in.

I just wanna make you feel okay
But all you do is
look the other way, hmm
I can't tell you how much
I wish I didn't wanna stay
I just kinda wish you were gay

i hummed a tune while writing randomly on the back of my notebook, drawing roses around the side with broken hearts.

maybe i was not your preferred gender orientation, but i will still and always like you.