Chapter 8: Meeting the new Apples, Hat costs a relationship drop, The Heartbreak

Spencer was at the studio that monday talking to Abby about the previous competition while Gianna and Vivi were getting the pyramid ready.

"Where are we headed this time?" Spencer asked Abby.

"From what i've checked, we'll be heading to Vorhees, New Jersey to attend On Stage America. I already told your" Abby answered.

"Which is close to New York." Spencer pointed out.

"It is, you sure know your Geography." Abby told him.

"I learned that in school and traveling across the country with you."

"You sure did."

"And we don't want to come in fourth place again." Spencer sighed.

"Ditto." Abby agreed. "The last time my team came in fourth was either back in 1992, the year before you were born and i was also pregnant with you that year or 1987. That devastated me."

"I remember you and Grandma were telling me the story about that." Spencer commented.

"Yeah."

Minutes later, the girls and moms arrived at the studio and went into Studio A as Abby and Spencer stood in their normal places.

"We don't have much to say, but we just want to look at what fourth place looks like." Spencer simply told them.

"Ok, this weekend, we'll be heading to Vorhees, New Jersey to attend On Stage America." Abby announced. "And we do not and we repeat, we do NOT want to be fourth place again. Spencer, you do the pyramid instead of the both of us doing the pyramid like we usually do."

"All right mom, thanks.

(Fast Pyramid Placings)

Pyramid:

Top - empty

Middle - Chloe, Maddie, Brooke

Bottom - Nia, Paige, Kendall, Mackenzie

"Now we've got that out of the way, we'll be doing a group routine called Showbiz. Chloe will be doing a solo called Lush Petals, Kendall will be doing a solo for Causing a Commition and Nia is doing a solo called Applause Please. In the group, you'll be wearing a hat and if that hat falls off, somebody's gonna get in trouble." Abby stated.

"Moms, you are dismissed and girls, start stretching." Spencer told them.

That day and the next, rehearsals for the group, Chloe and Nia's solo went smooth and that Wednesday, Spencer walked in and saw Abby, Gianna and, Vivi talking with the moms.

"Mom, Gia, Vivi, everybody i called On Stage America and they informed me that a particular studio in Ohio is gonna be there." Spencer announced, with disgust in his voice over facing Cathy that weekend as everybody groaned in exasperation.

"Ugh, she's gonna come back with a vengance." Vivi lamented.

"Yeah." Gianna sighed.

"Cathy is that disease that won't go away." Christi commented.

"I know, right?" Kelly agreed.

"No matter what she brings, our girls got this." Holly said.

"That's the spirit!" Gianna exclaimed.

"We don't want to be in fourth in front of Cathy because she won't let us live it down." Abby said. "The girls need to have straight legs, arms placed correctly, turns that are fantastic and pointed feet so they can knock it out of the park and beat Cathy. If we don't win, we'll say we told you so."