Chapter 15: Skating with the Apples, NYC showdown

The next day at Stepping Out Studios, it was two days prior to the competition as Abby, Spencer, Gianna and Vivi were in Studio room A/B and with them were Maddie, Chloe, Mackenzie Asia, Melissa, Christi and Kristie as Kendall, Brooke, Paige, Nia, Jill, Kelly and Holly were nowhere to be seen as Abby and Gianna could see that something was on Spencer's mind and Vivi could tell as well.

"What's on your mind, Spence?" Gianna asked her boyfriend.

"Do you ever get this feeling in your gut that something is missing?" Spencer responded has he turned to them. "I'm noticing that Kendall, Brooke, Paige, Nia, Jill, Kelly and Holly haven't shown up."

"You know, i had that feeling and i'm noticing that too." Abby admitted, seeing that Maddie, Mackenzie, Chloe and Asia were the only ones there with them and Melissa, Christi and Kristie were all in the other room.

"Does anyone have a clue on where Kendall, Brooke, Paige, Nia and their mothers are?" Vivi wondered.

"Sweetie, i have no clue." Abby said.

"Me either." Gianna added. "Maybe Spencer does."

"If i had to guess, they're probably somewhere having fun, i don't have any problem with that, but they have to know their limits." Spencer predicted.

"You might be on to something, Spencer, so i have a job for you, i want you to find out where the other girls and their moms are and in order for you to be incognito, i bought a jacket and hat for you to wear, so they'll think a pedestrian is minding their own business." Abby informed her son as she gave him a trenchcoat and hat.

"I'll do it and when i find them, i'll give you the heads up." Spencer stated.

"Good, make sure to be careful when you're looking for them and if i'm unable to get to my phone, call Gia, Melissa, Christi or Kristie and let one of them know, then they'll inform me and once you call one of us and let us know where the other girls and their moms are, get out of there fast and head back."

"All righty, i'll keep you all posted." Spencer said as he put on the trenchcoat and hat, he then left the building and headed to the 23rd street train station, where he was going to catch a train to Bryant Park on 42nd street, because he knew that Brooke, Paige, Nia, Kendall, Kelly, Holly and Jill were going to be at.

"I think Jill's gonna be in the most trouble." Christi stated.

"That's likely." Melissa said.

"At least our girls know their limits." Kristie commented. "Jill tried getting us to go with them, but we told her no and came straight to the studio."

"We sure played it smart."

"That we did."

At Bryant park, Kelly, Holly and Jill were seen approaching the ice rink with Brooke, Paige, Nia and Kendall, even though they were supposed to be rehearsing, they decided to have a little fun first at the request of Jill, they were apprehensive at first, but went along with it, but they knew Abby and Spencer would be mad and if they were found out, Jill would most likely take all of the blame because she orchestrated it.

"This is kinda nice to unwind and get away from Miss Abby and her son." Nia said.

"Yeah, but they'll kill us if they find out we're at the skating rink and not at the studio." Paige told them.

"Come on, we're here to have fun." Kendall stated. "Too bad that Asia, Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe aren't here having fun."

"At least they're playing it smart like we should be, but no, Jill had to convince us." Brooke added.