Chapter 8: Swallowed

As soon as I woke up and got dressed that morning, the flip phone rang, I answered it.

"Gracie?"

"This is she." It felt relieving to know the truth, well, a little part of it anyway. And as usual he got to the point.

"Since you answered the question correctly, we are going to help with any questions you may have." I did a victory gesture. When I did this, my vision started messing up. I blinked four times and I was somewhere else.

I sat at a desk, facing a long-legged man whose face was blank. It's like his face was wiped clean, no eyes, no mouth, no nose, nothing. I unconsciously spoke.

"When do I begin?" I asked. The faceless guy made a victory gesture with his hand. The man tried to speak but he couldn't. My vision blurred, everything I saw flashed different colors. A high frequency static noise dominated my cranium which sparked another 'Gracie Dream'. I could see a bullet heading straight for Aaron. I looked at him, he was staring at the door. When I tried to look at the door, my vision started messing up again. I tried to not focus on the door. I pushed Aaron out of the way, conscious and unconscious. And I fell to the ground as a searing pain came over me, dominating my cranium. A ringing in my ears started to become louder and louder as I tackled the ground. The throbbing sensation in my skull was nothing I have ever felt before.

Two figures rushed to my side. Something in one of their eyes had a familiar look to them.  A tear escaped from his eye as I closed mine. I forced myself to go away from the light. Everything went black then I woke up on the floor of my room, writhing in pain. My vision started to blur, bright, vivid colors flashed in them. A burning buzz ran all throughout my body. I remembered very little of that moment. Screaming, wailing, sobbing, Irina, and a male figure I've never seen before. I closed my eyes and let the darkness swallow me.