Chapter 16: The Son

"Son?" I could barely hear myself. Oliver and Irina both nodded.

"When you were on the train and dad shot you, you didn't know you were expecting. We knew we couldn't come into the hospital with you so we planted a spy to give us intel on you." She looked back at me. "Even though you were in a coma, the baby was still growing. The doctors had to do an emergency procedure to get the baby out when you were due." She sniffed. "When our father found out about him, he put him up for adoption." This didn't make any sense.

"Why?" Tears spilled over.

"Maybe it was because he thought you didn't need a distraction." Her tone was the same but there was no mistaking the venom underneath.

"Can I see him?" Irina and Oliver looked at each other and they both stepped outward from each other. A small figure stepped from the shadows. My breath hitched in my throat. He looked just like his Aaron. I bent down in front of the boy. I grazed my fingers against his lips his chin his eyebrows.

"Mom?" My chin trembled and so did his. He got that from me. I nodded. His arms attached themselves around my neck. I was taken aback at first but then my love won out and I hugged him back, just as desperately.

"What's his name?"

"Aaron Oliver Andrews." I nodded. I loved it. But this definite turn of events only determined me to kill my father.
"Can you wait outside baby? Mommy and Auntie Irie and Uncle Ollie have to talk about something okay?" Aaron nodded and ran outside the door.

"Be careful!" I called after him. My motherly instincts had already surfaced. I looked at both Irina and Oliver. "I need to kill my father." And this time, both of them agreed.