Chapter 1: I'll Make It To The Moon

Hey! So here it is! The sequel! I recommend you read the previous book, The Golden Rule, before you read this one as it'll just make more sense. All characters are mine or just some friends who wanted to hop along. I do not own Fall Out Boy or any other bands that may be mentioned. I thought of all of the character's names myself and are all totally original, well most of them... *Cough* Wednesday *Cough*. So then, here it is: I'll Make It To The Moon.

----

I don't have a problem with those who don't like me. But I do have a problem with those who pretend to.

Electra Ayers

I didn't want to move back there. Things have great for me ever since I left thirteen years ago. It was the best thing I ever did and ever will do. Do I still miss him? Hell no. I couldn't have less feelings for that man even if I wanted to. He decided to leave me, not the other way around.

But Chicago. Chicago was my home for seventeen years. When I moved to New York, I was happy in a way. Happy to see the past fly behind me like if you threw trash when it's really windy. I rarely visited Illinois. It just brought back memories. After those few visits, I stopped going back. My family understood, though. They knew what I'd been through.

We had to move to Chicago, back to Chicago in my case. It was a job transfer, not mine of course. With my job, I can work straight from home.

I put the last of the boxes labelled 'kitchen' in the designated place. I was sweating through my white t-shirt. I wiped some sweet from my forehead, sighing at the kitchen. It was pretty ugly, to say the least. The walls were a dull white and the tiles on the floor were murky and dirty. The tiny room had barely enough room to swing a cat, metaphorically of course. I'd never swing a cat.

The front door closed- more like slammed, actually. I heard two sets of feet scurrying along the floor in the hallway.

Both of them screamed in an attempt to frighten me. I jumped and screamed myself, playing along with their game.

"Girls! Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I humoured them, giggling uncontrollably.

Both of them laughed sweet little high pitched giggles. "Sorry mommy, we didn't mean to." Fleur apologised in her adorable, mumbly voice.

"Now that's okay." I accepted, scooping little Fleur up in my arms. "I'll just have to eat you instead!"

The girls both screamed, Fleur more so. I pretended to nibble at her feet, making fake gnawing sounds.

Wednesday jumped and tapped my arms, demanding I let her little sister go.

I gave in. I plopped Flo on the floor, unable to contain my laughter. Fleur's sandy blonde pigtails were messy and fluffy, her tiny pale face was flushed.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled in a squeaky voice before the two terrible girls could attack me.

"Too late for sorry, mommy!" Wednesday squealed.

I tried to make an escape, trying to run past Wednesday and Fleur and out of the kitchen door.

Fleur screamed 'no!', whereas Wednesday yelled in her best exaggerated voice she has, "You shall not pass!"

My silly little girl quoting Gandalf made me laugh.

"Hmm... Fly you fools!" I yelled, darting past the giggling girls. I ran out into the hall, aiming for the front door, the girls padding along behind me. My chest suddenly hits someone else on the way out of the door.

Wednesday and Fleur both stopped running and laughing. They stood still, Fleur biting her lip slightly.

I looked up at the girl's father and my fiancé, Jackson. I coughed slightly, clearing my throat, before stepping back out of the way of the doorway.