Chapter 2: Record Store Meetings

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. Happiness is when you've learned to look beyond the imperfections.

Electra Ayers

I decided to take the girls to a music shop that I remembered. They were up bright and early, eager to go and visit the city. They were both so interested in music, so I thought it was ideal. It was a quaint little music store just about five minutes from Lakeshore Drive. It had quite interior and a quality song was always playing in the background. The girls were sure to love it.

They enjoyed their first night in Chicago. They were like bottles of soda and would not fall asleep, but they just sorta... Dropped.

I got them out of the car, carrying Fleur on my hip- with her constantly prodding my nose stud- and I held Wednesday's hand as we walked across the road. Wednesday bumbled on about buying vintage Green Day CD's, which only made my heart melt.

I forced open the rusty door with my shoulder, budging our way in. Both girls let out little 'wow's!' at the extensive CD shelves. There were posters of different bands- like Joy Division, Metallica, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Queen and so many others- pinned against every free space on the wall.

I noticed there was a huge crowd of screaming girls (and boys, actually) at the platformed area, and stretching down onto the main floor, at the back. There was probably just some band or artist signing things here.

Fleur tapped my shoulder. "Can I get lots of CDs?" She whispered into my ear.

I nodded in response. "As many as you can find and possibly want." I whispered back, making her grin like the Joker.

I held Fleur on my hip still, Wednesday clinging onto my hand, and took them over to the far side of the store where I had spotted some Green Day albums. I put Fleur down on the floor and let them both look at what they wanted. I was nervous, and quite scared, of the huge crowd of girls, that did keep getting smaller and smaller as people disappeared, at the back. It could all be too much for the girls and they could start crying.

I felt a little tap on my leg. I looked down at Wednesay.

Her dark hair wasn't braided. It lightly sat on her back, beneath her shoulders, in cute waves. Her huge, almost bug-like, brown eyes looked up at me, with a small grin painted onto her face. She was wearing a dark blue, crew neck sweater- which had the words 'Punk Is Not' in cute cursive writing, and the word 'Dead!' in large, eye catching font.-, light denim jeans and a pair of black, patent Dr. Martens. In her hand she held ¡Dos!

"Can I have this?" She asked me, still smiling. I knew how much she loved Mike Dirnt. She must've recognised his face even with the purple crosses over his eyes. "Please?" She added.

"Of course! You and Fleur are allowed to pick out six CDs each, okay?" I told her, making her smile more.

"Yay!" She yelled, clomping back over to Fleur. I noticed Fleur was not actually holding a Green Day album. She was holding a CD with a black case and it had some gold pattern which I couldn't make out.

"Fleur, what've ya got?" I asked her, still having to yell over the noisy crowd.

Her blue eyes looked up from the album and met mine. Her mouth was slightly open. She bounded over to me as fast as her three year old legs could carry her. She plopped the CD in my lap.

"I don't know what it is. It's pretty." She said to me, her New York accent still prominent. I love the girls' New York accents. They're so cute and really cliché. Whenever they talk to me I expect one of them to say 'Gimme your wallet and no one gets hurt'.