Chapter 3: If You Only Knew What We've Been Up To

Don't define your world in black and white because there is so much hiding amongst the greys

--

"-Gonna bring Ruby over and I'll bring Bronx and Saint over. It'll be fun!" Pete gargled down the phone. It's been three days since we met in the music store and both Pete and Joe haven't stopped texting me. It's really amazing that I'm back in contact with them finally.

I laughed loudly at his rambling. For a thirty-five year old, he's very childlike. It made me laugh though. He was so quiet that night that I both met and lost him. It's great to meet the other side of Peter Wentz.

"Okay, okay, Pete!" I gave in after he continuously tried to get me to agree in him and Joe coming over for a 'play date.' I knew it wasn't going to be much of a 'play date' between the kids but more for Joe, Pete and I. "Come over whenever you can! You have my address."

"Yay!" He squealed like a fourteen year old girl. I hear a voice in the background of Pete's end saying 'Pete, calm the heck down! Saint will wake up!'. "Oops. I'll inform Joseph and we'll be on our way!"

"Okay. Bye Pete."

"Bye Electra." I could practically hear him smile down the phone.

I put the phone down and sighed. The thought of me having to clean the house up a bit was tearing me in two. I had to clean up. I couldn't have company around and have the house looking like a pigsty, even if there were boxes everywhere still.

"Wednesday! I hate you!" The baby screams echoed from upstairs. I groaned, rolling my head against my shoulders before slamming it on the wooden kitchen table. The girls had been arguing all day; a different argument every five minutes. It was one of their off days.

"Good! You're a waste of space anyway!" I hear Wednesday retort, followed by more screaming and crying. Wow. That was harsh. Jackson told me to leave the girls alone if they started arguing. It showed 'tough love' or something. I couldn't stand hearing them rip each other apart every two minutes. It was driving me crazy. It was fine for Jackson to tell me what to do with the girls when he's been at work 24/7. His job isn't even that important.

I heard a loud thud from upstairs. That was what drove me over the edge. I stood up, the chair scraping against the newly laid laminate wooden floor. I marched upstairs, hearing Fleur scream some more. I opened Fleur's bedroom door. Empty. They were obviously in Wednesday's room then.

I walked across the boards to the white door that had a little wooden plaque that read 'Wednesday's Room' in fancy, twirly writing. The sign wasn't something Wednesday approved of, but Jackson insisted.

I swung the door open. A little, real life murder scene displayed on the carpet. A doll, now decapitated, was in Wednesday's hand. She thrust the doll into Flo's face, as if saying 'look what I did!' which only made her cry more.

"Wednesday Elle* Ayers!" I yelled. Yes, I middle-named her. That's how they know momma is serious. Both girls looked my way, Wednesday in fear, Fleur in tear-stained relief.

Wednesday dropped the body of the doll and tried to look sweet and innocent, smiling me a smile with one tooth missing. I knew better, this time, to believe what a wonderful teeth smile could do. I saw it first hand- the murder.

"Nuh-Uh." Was all I said. I crossed my hands over my chest, leaning against the door frame. "I know what you did, Wednesday."

The smile quickly faded from her equally as pale face as mine and her sisters. I saw her sneak a look at Fleur, rolling her eyes.

Fleur stood up, her pretty pink skirt waving as she did. She walked over to me and held her hand out. I looked down to see the head- the remains of what was once a human...doll thing- and shook my head, clicking my tongue.