Chapter 9: Never Was A Girl With A Wicked Mind

I don't mind letting you down easy but just gimme time. If it don't hurt now just wait just wait a while.

---

Electra Ayers

Pete ran to everyone's houses around our neighbourhood with Bronx clinging his one hand, Wednesday his other and little Fleur laughing away as she held onto his back. He would drop them all into a line at each door for their trick-or-treating experience and I have never seen anything so funny!

"Quick guys! In a line, and remember it's trick-or-treat not 'trickle treat', okay?" He eyed Fleur as he said the reminder. She laughed again. She was continuously singing 'trickle treat!' to everyone who opened the door, and they all just found if cute. They even gave her extra candy!

I stood at the end of each pathway with Saint in his stroller. He had been asleep since we had left the house, which was half an hour prior.

Pete stood behind the line of gruesome looking children with his Halloween mask on his face and his blonde, almost white, hair stuck up in every direction possible.

The front door opened and a girl was standing there looking very bored. She had black hair with large areas of purple in it and a white animal hat with ears over it. She wore a light blue t-shirt, dark blue shorts, white socks rolled just above her ankles and black sneakers. On her back was a green backpack. Now that is an awesome Finn The Human costume!

"Trick-or-Treat!" Wednesday, Bronx and Pete all yell in unison. I laughed at Pete: I swear to god that man will always be a child. I hear Fleur scream "Trickle Treat!" once again.

"Aw Fleur! You ruined it!" Bronx sulked, looking to the floor with his bag with a few Halloween candies in it.

"Sorry!" Flo shrieked, looking like she was gonna cry.

The girl dressed as Finn the Human laughed at the four kids- yes, that included Pete- standing at her doorstep. "Oh my god! So cute!" She reached inside to get a bowl full of candy. "Here, take a handful each."

The girls and Bronx tried to flex their hands to get the biggest handful (Bronx got the largest handful seeing as he has the largest hands out of the three).

Pete removed his Frankenstein mask and held it in his hand. "Thanks, Finn. And kids, say thanks to Finn the Human."

"Thank you Finn the Human." The three actual kids chorused.

"Where's Jake?" Wednesday asked the girl.

She laughed. "I think he's with Lady Rainicorn." She humoured them. They all giggled at the purple haired Finn.

The girl looked up at Pete and her eyes went wide. "Oh-Oh my god, you're Pete Wentz!" She whispered his name as if he was actually a god and it was in her religion that they aren't permitted to say the name. "You are, right?"

"No, no. You must have me mistaken! I'm not Peter Wentz or whatever his name is." Pete struggled to keep a straight face. He was twitching his fingers, something I noticed he did when he was trying to lie.

"Dad, stop lying!" Bronx whined to his father, turning around and slightly hitting his leg. Pete rubbed his leg where his son had hit him and laughed.

"Yeah, I'm Pete Wentz. Hi, nice to meet you Finn the Human." He gave up the charade and extended his hand to shake the girl's.

"I-I'm Lilly and- Wait here, one second." She quickly shook Pete's hand and turned around to go back into her home. Pete craned his neck to look at me. I gave him a look that simply radiated confusion. Pete shrugged his shoulders and turned back, trying to peer into the house. "Belle! Quiicccck!" We hear Lilly squeal from inside her house.