Chapter 1: loneliness

Tao and Kris arrive back at his place and is greeted with silence. The rooms feeling much bigger than before and empty. Tao sighs heading to the couch sitting down and letting his head fall back as he inhales with his eyes close. Kris locks the door and sees the youngers position and is soon  to following suit.

"I miss them. It feels so empty here now..." Tao says depressed and voice close to cracking. Kris nods after realising the younger isn't looking he settles for a hum and lays back putting his feet on the table.

"Me too taozi, me too. It always feels lonely here when ever I come back." He confesses eyes closed remembering the day when he first arrive. Tao turns his head to Kris voice and cracks one eye open.

"It gets better eventually. You fall into your usual routine." Kris continues and tao just hums. They sit in silence for a while until tao decides to break it once again with a faint smile brushing his lips.

"You know im glad they sorted their issues. Kai has always loved sehun from the very first moment that boy put his foot in through the door during his first day." Tao says amused and Kris chuckles.

"You remember his expression when he first laid eyes on him? Mouth dropped but not before a gasp and heart shaped eyes." Tao sits up his left leg folding in and right on top turning to face Kris as he rests his head on his arm.

"Yeah I remember. The highlight of that day was when chanyoel hyung went to hug him and how he growled like he laid claim and now someone else dare to touch what is his." Tao laughs and Kris cant help the smile on his lips at the fond memory.

"I'm kinda tired" tao says leaning down resting his head on Kris lap. Its an automatic action after spending so much time together that he doesn't even realise that they are still fussing. Kris's hands goes to his hair in a natural way as he has done many time before. He plays with the soft strands leading Tao into a deep sleep which he fights.

"Sleep. We can get something to eat later." Kris says softly and tao nods turning, he softly evens out his breathing while facing Kris stomach. Kris struggles to fall asleep taking the time to admire tao. He looks down and sees tao completely defenceless, looking like the baby panda he is. Scooping him up he takes him to his room and spoons him. Sleep follows not long after. With the last thought of how good it feels to have the younger in his arms breathing in his fresh minty scent.