Chapter 42: Cat, Rat, and Dog.

"BLOODY HELL!" Autumn screamed out, breaking the kiss. I completely forgot about Autumn and the kids. Oh my god, I feel completely horrible. 
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! HE'S A FREAKING MURDERER! HE MURDERED HARRY'S MUM AND DAD! AND YOU, YOU JUST-- UGH!! How could you even marry this monster?" She looked at me with glossy eyes. I didn't know what to make of this, what to answer her. I felt tears, my emotions betraying me once more. I didn't have time to react, for Harry ran after Sirius, who fell backwards. Harry pointed his wand to at Sirius' heart. He wouldn't...I know it...
"Going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius whispered.
"Sirius..." I warned.
"Shut up. SHUT UP!" Autumn screamed, crying through her screams, her face red. 
"Autumn, I'm sorry, but I-" I said quietly.
"Don't." Her voice cracked. I couldn't bear to look at her angry at me. I turned back to the scene at hand, contemplating what to do. 
"You killed my parents." Harry spoke shakily, though his wand hand stayed steady.
"I don't deny it," he said very quietly. "But if you knew the whole story."
"The whole story?" Harry repeated. "You sold them to Voldemort. That's all I need to know."
"You've got to listen to me," Sirius said urgently. "You'll regret it if you don't.... You don't understand...."
"I understand a lot better than you think," said Harry, and his voice shook. "You never heard her, did you? My mum... trying to stop Voldemort killing me... and you did that... you did it...."
"Harry, please." I whispered. 
"Your words don't mean anything anymore, mum." Autumn spoke sternly. 
After that, came a complete silence.

And then came a new sound -

Muffled footsteps were echoing up through the floor -- someone was moving downstairs. No- there was a moan. 
"WE'RE UP HERE!" Hermione screamed suddenly. "WE'RE UP HERE --SIRIUS BLACK - QUICK!"
Black made a startled movement; Harry kept his wand pointed, but he still hasn't done anything.
The door of the room burst open to reveal a Remus and an Opal standing there. 
"Expelliarmus!" Remus shouted.
Harry's wand flew once more out of his hand; so did the two Hermione was holding. Remus caught them all and gave them to Opal. I walked quickly towards them, engulfing them in a hug.
"Oh thank god, you guys." I whispered.
They both smiled at me, but Remus then walked off towards Sirius. 
"Where is he, Sirius?"
Sirius didn't answer, but I knew who he was talking about. Peter Pettigrew. And just as the realization hit me, Sirius pointed at Ron. 
"But then..." Remus murmured. "... why hasn't he shown himself before now? Unless-- unless he was the one... unless you switched... without telling me?" 
"Well Bloody hell it sure took you long enough Rem." I rolled my eyes. 
"You knew?" Remus looked at me with a sunken gaze. 
"Of course I knew...honestly, Remus, nothing escapes me, and this switch I found out about years ago. You know, that's what I've been trying to tell you and everyone else. Not that they'd believe me, of course." I said angrily. 
Opal walked over to me, but I could tell she was confused, since she hasn't been back since just recently and all this was news. 
"Professor," Harry interrupted loudly, "what's going on --?"
Harry never finished his question because Remus walked over to Sirius, picked him up and hugged him. Thank god for Remus finally realizing. 
"DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Hermione screamed. She had raised herself off the floor and was pointing at Remus, wild-eyed. "You -- you --"
"Hermione --"
"-- you and him!"
"Hermione, calm down --"
"I didn't tell anyone!" Hermione shrieked. "I've been covering up for you --"
"Hermione, listen to me, please'" Remus shouted. "I can explain --"
"I trusted you," he shouted at Remus , his voice wavering, out of control, "and all the time you've been his friend!"
"You're wrong," said Lupin. "I haven't been Sirius's friend, but I am now -- Let me explain...."
"NO!" Hermione screamed. "Harry, don't trust him, he's been helping Black get into the castle, he wants you dead too -- he's a werewolf!"
My eyes widened. It was horribly silent. She knew. 
"Not at all up to your usual standard, Hermione," he said. "Only one out of three, I'm afraid. I have not been helping Sirius get into the castle and I certainly don't want Harry dead. But I won't deny that I am a werewolf."
"Good lord I think these kids will be the death of me." I muttered to Opal. 
Remus asked Hermione- "How long have you known?"
"Ages," Hermione whispered. "Since I did Professor Snape's essay..."
"He'll be delighted," Remus said. I let out a laugh. "He assigned that essay hoping someone would realize what my symptoms meant.... Did you check the lunar chart and realize that I was always ill at the full moon? Or did you realize that the boggart changed into the moon when it saw me?"
"Both," Hermione said quietly.
"You're the cleverest witch of your age I've ever met, Hermione."
"I'm not," Hermione whispered. "If I'd been a bit cleverer, I'd have told everyone what you are!"
"But they already know," said Remus. "At least, the staff do."
"Dumbledore hired you when he knew you were a werewolf. Ron gasped. "Is he mad?"
"Some of the staff thought so," said Remus. "He had to work very hard to convince certain teachers that I'm trustworthy --"
"Does that include Mr. Sni-" I was about to ask. 
"AND HE WAS WRONG!" Harry yelled. "YOUVE BEEN HELPING HIM ALL THE TIME!" He was pointing at Sirius. 
I have not been helping Sirius," said Remus. If you'll give me a chance, I'll explain. Look --" He threw the kids back their wands, taking mine, Sirius', and his own, putting them away. "You're armed, we're not. Now will you listen?"
"If you haven't been helping him," Harry said with a furious glance at Sirius, "how did you know he was here?"
"The map," said Remus. "The Marauder's Map. I was in my office examining it --"
"You know how to work it?" Harry said suspiciously.
"Of course I know how to work it," said Remus waving his hand impatiently.
"Helloooo, Remus?" I said.
"What?"
"Was that not supposed to be a secret or are we telling everyone?" 
Remus turned back to Harry. "I helped write it. I'm Moony -- that was my friends' nickname for me at school."
"You wrote --?" Harry looked confused.
"Guys, I have to go. I've got a presentation in 10 minutes." Opal interrupted.
"No, please." I hugged her. She's my best friend, and I wasn't about to let her leave again. 
"I'm sorry. I'll come back, I promise. I'm not leaving for long." 
"Hurry up." Autumn said sternly.
"Oh, Autumn, you remind me so much of Sapphire. Gosh,--" Sirius started, only to be interrupted.
"You've got no right to talk, Black." She crossed her arms. I whimpered and looked at Opal again, who was now getting ready to go and kissing Remus goodbye. They were too cute, but the kids made a sound of disgust, which only made Opal laugh. 
"Bye, I love you, S." She hugged me and when she let go, in the blink of an eye, she was gone into thin air. A silence filled the room.
"Right, uh, where was I? Oh, I was watching it carefully this evening, because I had an idea that you, Ron, Autumn and Hermione might try and sneak out of the castle to visit Hagrid before his hippogriff was executed. And I was right, wasn't I? You might have been wearing your father's old cloak, Harry--" Remus said, coughing periodically. Crap, the Wolfsbane. 
"How d'you know about the cloak?"
"The number of times I saw James disappearing under it...," said Remus, waving an impatient hand again.
"Remus are you out of your damn mind?" 
"Sapphire, please. They've got to know the truth." He told me and I nodded, understanding. He turned back to them. "The point is, even if you're wearing an Invisibility Cloak, you still show up on the Marauder's Map. I watched you cross the grounds and enter Hagrid's hut. Twenty minutes later, you left Hagrid, and set off back toward the castle. But you were now accompanied by somebody else."
"What?" said Harry. "No, we weren't!"
I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought the map must be malfunctioning. How could he be with you?"
 "No one was with us!" said Harry.
"And then I saw another dot, moving fast toward you, labeled Sirius Black.... I saw him collide with you; I watched as he pulled two of you into the Whomping Willow --"
"One of us!" Ron said angrily.
"No, Ron," said Remus. "Two of you."
He had stopped his pacing, his eyes moving over Ron.
"Do you think I could have a look at the rat?" he said evenly.
"What?" said Ron. "What's Scabbers got to do with it?"
"Everything," said Remus. "Could I see him, please?"
"Oh my God, you're right, that's disgusting." I gasped. 
Ron hesitated but took "Scabbers" out, who seemed desperate in getting out of Ron's grip. Remus took it.
"What's my rat got to do with anything?"" Ron said again, holding Scabbers close to him, looking scared.
"That's not a rat," croaked Sirius suddenly.
"What d'you mean -- of course he's a rat --"
"No, he's not," said Remus quietly. "He's a wizard."
"An Animagus," said Black, "by the name of Peter Pettigrew."
"I knew the name 'rat' always suited him." I smirked, leaning against the wall.

A/N: Heyy, updated! As you can probably tell, this chapter and maybe the few after will be extremely close to the book and stuff, but Sapphire and Autumn will obviously be in as well. (and Opal, too!) Point is, I hope you liked it, lemme know in the comments and stuff! 
Also, ya'll should read my new story, "Bad Girl Aboard." I think thats about it! Stay awesome, you guys <3