Chapter One

WARNING: The following story involves romance between guys. You read the summery right. Bla, bla, bla. If this doesn't float your boat please sail out of my waters.

Now, um, this was actually a requested story! It's been about a year since I received the request and I'm just now filling it. Sorry about that. I just really did not want to mess this up. Tried to stay as true as possible to the characters and plot given, but of course things happen and I got really excited about this story. Also, the main character does have a sickness, and while I don't actually know anyone with the mentioned sickness, I tried my best to research it. So if any of you lovely readers would like to give me details or tips on how to write said sickness that would really help! Or, if you know one that would describe the main character's condition better. Also, if you find any false facts! Anyways, please enjoy~

Chapter One

E M I R Y

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning."

-LOUISL'AMOUR

     I pushed my books up against my chest and sighed as I leaned against my lockers. There he was. With his dark brown hair sweeping across head with absolute flawlessness. His hazel eyes shining in the sunlight. That smile of his that was so sweet and bright it could power a small world. I sighed once more as I watched the latest girl put her french tipped nails all over him. And for the second time this week, I would be walking myself home. I almost considered going over and checking in with my best friend to see if he would actually drive me home today, but when I looked back over – well lets just say her sticky lip gloss would be on his lips tomorrow morning.

It wasn't surprising that I was hopelessly in love with my straight, best, and only friend, but I guess that's what always happens. You always fall for your best friend in the most tragic and theatrical of ways. And yes, I was that one loner freshman kid that some how ended up being best friends with one of the most popular guys in junior year. I should be graveling at his feet. But that wasn't going to happen. I might be in love with him but even I knew how much of a hot headed player he is. Not to mention I've known him since forever. So absolutely no pity or mercy or gratitude was shown. To an extent anyways. He is, after all my only friend. I don't want him to leave me.

It's not like I didn't try to make other friends. But it was just hard for me to understand the concept of getting up and going out of my way to talk to complete strangers in the hopes of finding anything in common with them. And no one even tried to make friends with me. Well, I guess a few people did. But once they saw how extremely awkward, and shy, and weird I was they ran away. Of course there were some that tried to stick around. Tried to get me to open up to them. But in the end I could never get past my anxiety so I told them that I was sick and they would leave me alone. Not that I was lying. I do have a sickness.

But the absolute worse were the people that tried to befriend because of David. It was a tiring question. Being asked all the time how I was friends with him and why. I told them we were childhood friends but that brought up even more questions. And again, I just ended up telling them I'm sick and he did the whole "protective best friend" thing. They always wanted to know more though. They always wanted his number, or access to go over to his house – like I had that type of power. But the cherry on top – his parents are rich. So that was yet another thing that I tried to protect David from. People wanted to use him for money. It's the least I could do. Since he's always taking care of me. When he's not busy with activities obviously. I mean, it's not like David wouldn't invite them to parties and all these things if they just asked him, but I didn't really want to question it. I myself only went to one of David's famous parties. Long story short, David had to get me off of the roof.