3.4

★★★★★

WORDS CANNOT describe how these last few days made Diana feel. The avengers had successfully saved Sokovia and defeated Ultron with the help of Vision, a superbot and new member of the avengers along with Wanda, Sam and Rhodes.

"Elevator's not worthy." Steve shook his head as him, Thor, Tony and Diana walked down the corridor. 

"I'm gonna miss these little talks of ours." Thor smiled, patting Tony's shoulder.

"Not if you don't leave." Tony replied.

"I have no choice. The mind stone is the 4th of the infinity stones to show up in the last few years. It's not a coincidence."

They all made it outside, "someone's playing an intricate game and is making pawns of us."

"...Once all these pieces are in position-"

"Triple yahtzee." Tony interjected. 

"You think you can find out what's coming?" Steve asked.

"I do." Thor nodded. "But not alone." He then turned to Diana. 

"We'll give you two a second." Steve smiled, grabbing Tony's arm and leading them away.

"I need your help with this Diana, you know much about the infinity stones, and being honest..." Thor scratched his head smiling. "You're a good partner."

Diana smiled in return. "Wow. A compliment." Diana jokingly replied.

"What if I return next year? I know you've made yourself quite comfortable with the tiny humans, it won't be easy to leave them and potentially risk your life." Thor offered.

"Thor, you know as well as I who is after those stones and as long as Odin and Asgard remains safe, he won't come for them." Diana replied, hinting at the most likely person to go after the stones. 

"Who do you speak of Princess?" Thor asked, genuinely confused.

Diana tilted her head in confusion. "You don't know?"

"One of the most feared in the galaxy." Diana explained, and Thor looked as though he was in thought. "You can hear the gods speak of him, like I do. Massacre after massacre, he goes to planets, wipes out half the population, but he's searching for a quicker way."

"The stones..." Thor muttered.

"Who is this man you speak of?" Thor then asked.

"Thanos." 

"Hey! Diana, Thor! You guys look way too serious." Tony laughed coming back with Steve who sent Diana and Thor apologetic looks.

"I tried guys." Steve said.

Thor ignored the tiny humans and turned to Diana, looking her straight in the eyes.

"One year."

Moving backwards, he sent a nod to the three, lifting up his hammer as the bifrost carried him away.

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance." Tony sighed.

"I'll let you two have your guy moment." Diana said, moving over to Tony and hugging him. "Stay safe, Anthony." She said, leaning in and kissing him on the cheek.

"See you inside." Diana nodded at Steve.

Diana then walked into the building, finally feeling good. She glanced around at the new facility, before seeing Steve come inside the facility. She made her way over to him as they both continued to walk towards where Nat waited.

"You wanna keep staring at that wall, or do you wanna go to work?" Steve asked, as him and Diana entered the space.

"I mean it's a pretty interesting wall." Steve joked.

"I thought you and Tony were still gazing into each others eyes." Nat said walking over to the pair. Diana snorted at Nat, causing her to grin and Steve to raise his brows at her.

"It was funny." Diana defended.

"How do we look?" Nat asked, grabbing the file Steve had on the new recruits.

"Well we're not the '27 Yankees." Steve replied.

"He's finally gotten used to making references." Diana smiled at Nat, causing Steve to roll his eyes. 

"Well we got some hitters." Nat replied.

"They're good. They're not a team." 

"Let's beat them into shape." Nat said, smiling as the three walked through the doors to the training room.

Wanda, Sam, Rhodes and Vision say the three enter and stopped playing around, turning to them for orders.

Steve looked at them proudly before speaking. 

"Avengers..."

To Be Continued...

★★★★★

A/N: I wrapped it up pretty quickly. SORRY!