¹╰★╮₁

Y/N's pov

"Are you ready yet?" Tom asked while barging into my room which happens to be across the hall from his. I was currently putting my shoes on because I knew we soon had to leave to go to Diagon Alley, but no, he has to tell me.

"Hold on." I mumbled. He really gets on my nerves, he won't leave me alone at all. Sometimes I also like it because he only does it with me. All of a sudden there was talking downstairs, Dumbledore.

"Dumbledore's here." I know, I heard him, Assclown.

I finished tying my shoes and followed Tom downstairs to see Dumbledore watching the little kids run around. Dumbledore looked at us and went into a room so we followed him, he had his arm extended so Tom and I both grabbed onto it. I hate apparating. In a split second we were in Diagon Alley and it was packed, as usual. First we went to Gringotts for our money, then we went shopping for school supplies.

Currently Tom and I were in the book shop, Tom wanted to get some books so I was just looking at random ones to pass time until someone decided to speak to me. Did I mention Tom looks really good while concentrating on finding the right book? Because he looks really good while concentrating on finding the right book.

"Hello, Pretty Lady." I looked up from the book I was looking at to see Sirius Black, he was in Gryffindor. Him and his friends were really obnoxious at school. I wasn't the fondest of them, Tom was also not the fondest of them. They always were mean to people, they pranked almost everyone, they were complete dicks.

"What are you reading?" He asked once I didn't speak to him. I hate speaking to people because I'm scared to, you never know what to say and it gets awkward really quickly. Tom's lucky I talk to him out of free will sometimes.

I closed the book and showed the cover to Sirius who just glanced at it for a second. I looked at the cover to see it was about the ministry.

"I'm Sirius." He said while extending his hand. Gross, germs and cooties.

"Y/N." I uttered causing him to smile. He heard me, great. Now he's going to try and make even more conversation. He'll probably even try and talk to me at school! Oh this is fantastic, love life right now. Where is Tom to save me?

"You're cute." Go away please, this is not my cup of tea. Tom where are you?

Hands landed on my shoulders causing me to look up to see Tom. Oh my god, he saved me. I'm so happy. He didn't look happy at all. I looked in front of me at Sirius to see him glaring at Tom. I slightly backed up into Tom which I don't think he noticed or minded. He slightly pulled me into him while tightening his grip on me.

"Are you ready, Love?" Love? I literally just convinced myself I didn't fancy Tom, great. Guess not fancying Tom isn't going to work after all.

Who doesn't fancy Tom though? He's so pretty. Every girl's drooling over him at school. It's sickening. The only good thing about that situation is that Tom ignores them, he doesn't care that they all flirt with him, well he does, but still!

I looked up at Tom and nodded. He grabbed the book from my hand, put it on the table, then guided me out of the shop. Once we got out Tom turned me around so I was facing him.

"Are you alright?" He asked with genuine concern in his eyes.

"He called me Pretty Lady and he said I was cute." I blurted out. I wasn't really used to people doing that, I'm so cooped up. I hated that Sirius called me Pretty Lady and that I was cute, it made me super uncomfortable.

"It's okay now. Let's finish getting your stuff, yeah?" Tom always gets his stuff first then I get mine because Tom says it takes me a bit longer. I disagree, I just like looking. I nodded and grabbed onto Tom's arm so I wouldn't get lost in the crowd. I'm actually really glad for Tom, no matter how annoying he gets I'm glad he annoys me.

{an: if anyone reads my preferences book ya'll are gonna be able to read all of "mute" (this book) well the shorter version, but still! I'm actually really excited to post it since ya'll have given such great feedback on the prologue when I posted it
Anywho have a good day!}