Chapter 3

Three years. It had been three years since he saw him.

Nezumi sat criss-cross on his bed debating wether to write or not. He came upon this decision everyday, always deciding on no. He put the slip of paper and pen down.

/Shion./

/Shion./

/Shion./

He pulled his hair in frustration. Ever since Shion left, Nezumi couldn't bring himself to stop thinking about him.

That one kiss they had shared.

They way he yelled at him.

His soft white hair...

/Shion./

"Shut up!" He yelled at no one. He felt tears well up inside of his eyes.

/No. I will not cry. I can't cry./

Despite those thoughts, he felt warmness seep down his cheeks. Nezumi sat there and wept. His mechanical mice tried to comfort him.

/No matter what, I cannot go back to that city. Even if Shion is there./

He wanted to believe that, but his will to see Shion again was turning against him. He grabbed the slip of paper and scribbled down a few words.

He sat there staring at those pathetic and meaningless words. A drop fell on the paper. A tear. Nezumi crumpled up the paper and threw it across the room.

He wondered what Inukashi would think if she saw him like this. Probably laugh and call him weak.

But luckily enough for him Inukashi moved into No.6 to get a job. He wondered if Shion had found her. Nezumi chuckled under his breath just thinking about it. He went over and ucrumbled the slip. He stared at the words and they stared back. He rolled it up and grabbed one of his mice. He slipped the paper in its mouth and gave it instructions.

"Take this to Shion in No.6 please. And hurry!"

The rat scampered off. Nezumi took a sigh of releaf.

Now all he had to do was wait.