Chapter 4

"Are you serious?!" Safu yelled at Shion.
A few minutes earlier Shion asked Safu to help him find Inukashi. He had heard rumors about her becoming a resident of No.6.
"Please Safu!" Shion begged her. Safu rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. "Fine."
Shion grinned in relief.
"Why do you wanna find this 'Inukashi' anyway?" Safu asked. Shion fell silent. He didn't want to tell Safu about the reason; he figured she would hate him for it. But if he didn't, she might not go along with it.

"Is it Nezumi?" she asked quietly. Shion looked up at her in surprise and then lowered his eyes.

"Yea.." There was an awkward moment of silence, but then Safu broke it.

"Well if this is what you want to do then I'm not helping you."

"What! But you already agreed to help me!" Shion yelled. "Well it seems I have changed my mind over the circumstances." Safu replied defiantly. "Bu-but Safu--!" Shion got cut off by her.

"Listen Shion, if you want to find Nezumi, do it alone. You know I am in love with you and Nezumi is my rival in this situation. That's all I have to say." She crossed her arms and stormed away. Shion was speechless. He wanted to race after her, but his legs wouldn't move.

Squeak

Shion heard something.

Squeak squeak

He heard it again. He looked around and found a brown mouse with something in its mouth. He recognized the mouse.

What was his name?

"Crepe!"

Shion's heart raced as he ran over to the mouse. He bent down and took the slip of paper out of its mouth. He uncrumpled it and started to read it.

                                                        Its been three years. Meet again?