Chapter 7

2 days later (aka Saturday)

It was the day he was going to see Shion. Nezumi had cleaned the room and prepared stew for the reunion. His rats helped him and as a reward, he read them MacBeth. He was just finishing up the stew when he heard a knock on the door.
< ^ >
Shion hurried out the door, still with breakfast in his mouth. He ran down the street, past many houses he recognized, until he reached the gates of No.6.
The guard asked Shion as he ran by, "Citizen of No.6?" Shion stopped and answered, out of breath, "yes."
The gates opened and Shion ran into the West Block.
He hadn't been to the West Block since he was with Nezumi. He knew the path by heart.
The West Block changed in three years. It was cleaner for one thing. Shion would have loved to stay and observe, but he couldn't. Nezumi was his priority.
He continued to his place until he reached the old building. Shion took a deep breath and raised his hand to knock.
<^><^>
Nezumi heard a knock on his door. He got up and went to the door. Looking through the peep hole, he saw the all too familiar white hair and red stripe. Nezumi opened the door and got tackled in a bear hug by the boy.
"Nezumi! I missed you so much!" Nezumi smiled. "I missed you too your majesty."
Shion cried tears of joy. He stared through them at the man he loved oh so dearly.
Nezumi lifted Shion's white hair and planted a kiss on his forehead. Shion felt the heat rise to his face as he touched the spot kissed.
"Shion...I don't know how to say this but.." Nezumi took a deep breath as he sat up. "Every day since I left you I've never stopped thinking about you. It drove me crazy, to the point where i thought i would physically die if i didn't see you again. You mean so much to me, and.." Nezumi broke down in tears. "I love you Shion. So much. Please, dont ever leave me."
Shion also broke down in tears. He never thought he would get a confession from Nezumi. It made Shion so happy to hear it. He put his hands on Nezumi's head and put their foreheads together. "I love you too, and i promise i wont ever leave you."
Nezumi stared into his eyes. He could tell Shion meant it. He closed his eyes and gave Shion a proper kiss. A kiss like the one they had shared that day.
~~~~~~~~~~~