twentytwo; yikes. [TW]

[Jennie's POV]

I looked at myself in the mirror adjusting the red dress I wore. I was at my house and Joohyun had come by to talk me out of it. Glancing at Joohyun through my mirror, she looked uneasy and worried at me. I gave her faint smile to reassure her with my decision. "Why are you doing this, Jen? I thought you were happy with Chaeyoung?" Giving me a sadden look. "Did you guys fight or something? You both are in love with each other. I just don't understand why you're going on a fucking date with that dumb rat, Jongin." I pursed my lip and chuckled softly. "Unnie, you don't have to worry. This is just a one time thing. He said he wanted to catch up through dinner, that's it." I shrugged my shoulder at her as I put on my lipstick.

"Sure but you didn't have to look hot to see him though? Unless you planned to get back with him." She hesitated with her words, afraid that she might find it true. I looked over my shoulder to give her a small smile. Joohyun only rolled her eyes and plopped herself on my bed with a tired sigh. "This is idiotic and you know it. It feels like you're cheating on Chaeyoung. Even if I'm scared of that psychotic brat, she is nice and makes you happy." I tensed at this and breathed in slowly. "She won't mind, trust me." I put my lipstick into my small purse after i finish applying it on my lip.

Turning around I gave her a 360 degree turn. "So, how do I look?" Joohyun looked me up and down with a perplexed look. "Like someone who's about to make the wrong decision." My shoulder dropped and gave her a 'are you serious' face. Shaking my head, I looked at the time. It was almost time for Jongin to arrive. "Unnie, relax. If she finds out, she'll understand." I patted her shoulder. She swatted my hand and stood up quickly. "Jen, I swear to god, cancel this shit right now."

"Unnie! I can't do that and he's probably here already." Brushing her off as I walked down the stairs. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. "Told you." Joohyun followed me quickly and pulled my hand. "Your girlfriend is out with her friends and you're here on a date with your cheating ass Ex." She spat at me angrily. I pulled my hand away and glared at her. "Unnie. I don't expect you to understand but Chaeyoung and I are fine. Have trust in me."

Opening the door, I gave Jongin a big smile. "Hey right on time." He smiled at me and gave me a flower, I took it and placed it on table beside my door. "Oh Joohyun. I didn't see you there, hello to you too." He gave a sly smirk at Joohyun that made her cringe and flipped him off with her middle finger. "Unnie." I face palmed myself. "I'm sorry about her. She disagrees with this whole thing- um let's go!" I grabbed his shoulder and quickly bid my farewell to Joohyun. "Bye Unnie! Don't forget to lock the door when you leave!"

Jongin had placed his hands at my lower back to guide me to his car. I gave him a faint smile as we walked and made small conversations.

[Third Person View]

Jongin had brought them to a fancy restaurant in the city, the place was dark and had classical music playing in the background. People around them were in their own world as they chatted off to whatever topic they had. "I'm glad that you agreed to go on this date with me, Jennie." Placing a hand above Jennie's and continued to run circles on it with his fingers. Jennie had a straight face as her eyes cast down to look at their hands. She looked up to give him a soft smile, "Why wouldn't I? It's nice to see you again." Jongin beamed up at this, "I... it's great to see you too... Umm actually I'm hoping to-" He was cut off by the waiter that served him that evening. "Your champagne." He smiled at them and poured it into their glass.

Once they were alone again, Jennie asked. "I'm sorry, you were saying?" She took a sip of her drink with the hand that had Jongin's. Jongin looked nervously as she had pulled away from his touch and started to fiddle with his napkin. "Um well-" A person bumped into his shoulder which caused him move slightly in his seat. "Hey. Watch it!" Jongin called out, clearly pissed. "My apologise, Sir. You were in the way." The person smiled playfully and had glanced at Jennie. Jennie raised an eyebrow and tried to stifle her laugh by biting her lip.