A Father's Pride/Another Gift From Seiya

It was now a Sunday, and a fairly warm one at that. Takahiko, Kousei's father had come home temporarily, not just to check on his son, but as he had no other business trips at the moment. Yes, Takahiko was sort of a "free-range" father, but he had check on his son every now and then, because that's what a father has to do, look out for his own son.

Kousei woke up on his bed, his hair messier than usual, wearing his charcoal gray tank top and black biker shorts. His father then smiled at him as he came into his room.

"Hello, Kousei. You've been through a lot lately. How have you been?" Kousei smiled at his father and said "Well.... Let's just say I've been in quite a building process since the accident. I've had to see doctors every week to check on myself, both with my nerves and my foot, but I'm managing. They say I've come quite a way in my recovery, and that my blackouts were only temporary. I'm doing okay in that department, and I'm happy to say, I like my new foot. It may not be as good has having a real one, but this will do." 

Takahiko smiled at his son again and nodded. "Good to know, Kousei, my son. Need some help putting on the foot?" Kousei said "Sure, please." Takahiko then affixed his prosthetic foot on him, and Kousei was good to go. He stretched his body for a bit, and told his father "Takahiko, dad, I need some time to myself for a bit." 

He went out to the deck on his house and reflected on how his life had been since the accident. So.... This is what it feels like to be happy for once. It's a good feeling. My real left foot is history, but I feel good with my new one. This blond girl.... wow! She's really given me a big lift in life! She has got the purest of hearts, the happiest attitude.... She is my kind of gal! Even the light of my life! My whole world.... has changed for the better because of her! But, I don't want to tell Tsubaki about that, though..... and I don't want to let Watari down, either. Tsubaki and Watari have been a part of my life for so long, and I don't want them to abandon me!

Just then, his father came onto the deck, and Kousei stopped reflecting. His father had an egg sandwich and a UCC coffee can in hand. "Here, have this. This should make you happy." Kousei smiled and ate the food contently. "Thank you so much, dad." "Anytime, Kousei."

His father had very high hopes for him now. Despite the fact he'd never get his real left foot back again, given how his son was very happy, his father was happy as well. Kousei realized he had to see his friends. He didn't even bother changing into a different set of clothes; he still wore his tank top and shorts. 

"Dad, I gotta head out, I gotta see my friends." Takahiko waved goodbye to his son as he headed out. "See ya soon, son." Kousei began walking around. Takahiko also smiled, knowing that things would be alright in his world. "My son...... his future is a bright one. He's the pride of my life, even though Saki is gone....."

-----

Meanwhile, over at the Miyazono residence, Kaori spent the morning playing her Famicom again happily, wearing her Saskatchewan Roughrider jersey again. She was replaying the first Super Mario Bros. game. This time, she had completed the game to World 8-4, the last level and defeated Bowser for the 8th and final time. Kaori was happy. "Well.... I'm glad I beat that game. That took me quite a while!" 

She didn't bother playing the new world, so she turned off the Famicom, and went over the plastic box, looking for another game to play. She saw one that caught her eye. "Hmmm.... A Canadian Football League video game for the Famicom? I never knew there was one! I might play that one!" 

Just then, Ryoko, Kaori's mother, called her from the living room. "Kaori, dearie! You have another package from uncle Seiya!" Kaori turned off the TV and put the CFL video game aside temporarily so she could come over to her mother and take a look at the newest gift his uncle had for her. Ryoko presented her with a fairly big package.