i see you now

Mineta wasn't the best he could be.

He knew this. As desperate as he was to be a hero- a cool guy who people could respect and count on- he had a long way to go. And no one believed in him.

Well, other than Kaminari maybe. Even then, he probably wasn't his best supporter. He wished to be like Midoriya- even Todoroki! But... he wasn't cut out to be that cool. He had a quirk everyone thought was weak. The girls couldn't tell if they hated him out right or pitied him. And the guys... Well, they were just as on the fence if the girls weren't around.

He knew it.

The class knew it.

It didn't matter if he studied hard and trained every night. It didn't matter if he took being a hero serious, even though it scared him at times.

No one took him serious.

Sighing, he adjusted his tie and began to head for the library.

At least in the library, Mineta could get work done without giving into his urges to spy on the girls. It also gave him time to finish what he had to study before digging into some of the tatic books he had spotted Midoriya reading not that long ago. Settling in, he set his bookbag onto the table before shimmying up onto the seat.

He opened the bag to grab out his papers and pencils, and then began to work.

Paper after paper after paper Mineta had soared through. Essays and research and other things to remember or take notes on filled up the pages.  Thankfully the library was open for atleast a couple hours after school ended.

When he finally looked to the clock he had been there for over an hour. Damn.

He started to pack his things away.

As he was heading home then, he heard someone push in there chair and come running up to him.

"Ribbit, hey wait, Mineta."

The boy turned around quickly then. Asui? He perked up before lowering his head back down. What did she want? Sure they usually hung out together with everyone else since the Sports Fesitval, but honestly, he never thought of her as his friend. She always came off as... Cold. And slapped him several times.

Mineta thought he maybe bothered her too much and kept his distance outside of class. No point being near her if she hated him that much.

"Mineta, where are you going?" The girl asked, now standing beside him as he shifted his book bag.

"Uh," he fumbled for words. "Home, Asui."

Green hair swayed at her hip as she looked to the exit and then back to him.  Blinking once then, Mineta watched as she hummed.

"Mind if I join you? We don't see eachother outside of class much and I wanted to assure our teamwork didn't fail cause of it."

He looked away. Of course that was her reasoning. Analytical Asui. She was honest atleast, something Mineta liked about her. Though she could be a bit harsh.

"Sure, I guess. If that's the only reason."

"Oh no, that's not it," she assured him.

"It isn't?" Weird...

Mineta tried not to get his hopes up. He had really liked Asui when he first met her. And sure he was a perv and did some shit now and again, but he had valued her friendship when it seemed they got along. After last time though...

"Nope, Ribbit." A very small hint of a smile came to her face before it quickly disappeared.

Asui jerked her head to the door. "We going, then?"