stay the night

Shoji knew how those at UA saw him.

Big and strong, standing at six foot two. He's tall, standing over all of his classmates an a good portion of the student body on campus. He's Alpha material through and through.

Yet he's not.

Than there's Mineta.

The gremlin fiend of their school. Small, nearly three foot seven. And he's surprisingly smart... a coward and crybaby at times... and cynical to the point he comes off as rude and judgmental.

But he's emotional at times.

Signs that he'd be the less than perfect Omega, but an Omega all the less...

He's a Beta with a knack for being reckless enough to seem like an Alpha and stupid enough to play the dumb Omega part.

Shoji didn't know why he first felt attached to the Beta. Maybe it was how honest he was as he came to him crying- begging for help in the Sports Festival. Maybe it was because he had seen how smart he really was, or that even when he acted pervy, he truly did want to become a hero. Someone that people could look up to, see as cool and trustworthy and able to defend them.

There was a lot of reasons to like Mineta but none any good enough to defend why he cared about him. He was lost between a rock and hard place being his friend.

He couldn't stand his perverted tendencies...

But he hated how Mineta rarely acknowledges him.

He got irritated by how the stupid grape so easily clung to him as if they've been nothing but best friends for ages...

And yet hated how desperate he was to feel him closer.

... But they were close. They had become friends not long after the festival. Good friends. Despite Shoji being the black sheep of Omega and Mineta the black sheep out of their class as a whole... And despite being so incredibly different, they got along.

After awhile it felt like maybe they had been friends for longer than Shoji thought.

It wasn't uncommon for Mineta to sleep in Shoji's room at the dorms after awhile. To stay the night with him.

Even if Shoji was an Omega.

Even if Mineta had been known for being 1A's resident perv.

The knock at his door happened all the same. Shoji was fast asleep, dead tired from the training they had done the day before. It was winter and he had piled blanket after blanket over himself to keep all his limbs warmed.

The door opened slowly, and a shuffling of feet made their way into his room. He didn't stir, out like a light and the only sound from him being his chest rising and falling with each shallow breath.

Mineta noticed he was asleep, frowning.  As he got closer, he started to pull back the blankets some to clear a spot open for him. Clad in sweats and the biggest sweater he owned, he still felt as if his appendages were ready to freeze and break of. It was like Hell had frozen over.

The teen huffed again when he found Shoji's arms curled in the spot where Mineta had cleared and watched as the taller shivered in his sleep. He cursed quietly. It was his fault the Omega was cold now. But Mineta was being selfish, so he might as well finish. Climbing up, he did his best to lift the other boy's arms and lay down beside him. With the blankets in his other hand, he tucked it behind him and buried in closer to Shoji as he wrapped them up.

Where the cold had been nipping away at him, he found warmth pressed to Shoji's chest and sighed happily. Being close to the Omega was always a dream come true but... In the winter where he felt near death... It was like a little slice of heaven had been gifted to him for the night.

He nuzzled the Omega as he began drifting into sleep already. The scent gland on his neck brushed over Shoji's shoulder before he began snuggling back down against his chest. Hands smoothed over Shoji's before wrapping the Omega's multiple limbs around him.  All for warmth... Yeah... Just warmth.

Mineta sighed before trying to sleep.

He knew how UA saw him.

Perverted and rude, short and unattractive. All he cared about were girls.

But here he could lay with Shoji and forget about that About the cold. Laying with him, he could breath in the Omega's scent and think maybe he'd be lucky enough to be his...

Mineta wasn't an Alpha though.

And Shoji only pitied the Beta.

Eyelids heavy, and humming low, Mineta curled into Shoji again, clinging to the teen.

Maybe he'd see Mineta like that though... Maybe some day.