CHATER SIX: BEGINNING

All the string of curses that had been so dying to let loose, flew away like a free bird to the sky. I felt my eyes change its course from a glare to ogling. How can a human be as status-like and damn pretty all at the same time?

"You dumb or something?"

My thought shattered in reaction to that very question that seem more like a fact. My glare returned in full blown force. Fingers curled starting from my pinky to my thumb forming a little fist. How dare you?
"Excuse me?" I questioned instead thereafter cursing myself a thousand times for not delivering the first. I should be concentrating on my misfortune and how to better my life and not waste my breath talking to the insolent fellow who's ego was bigger than mountain Sinai. My nose wrinkled on its own accord in disdain. "You should rather be apologizing and not show to the world what a dumbass you are," I fired before I would think of it.

Then, there was handful of assorted sounds of gasps that echoed around the building. I didn't waste any minute to find out why, all my focus was directed on the man standing before me with his sea of blue eyes that was as dead as the eyes of a lion before a rat.

I waited uncomfortably for him to say anything, any word at all so I would snap again, at the same time struggling not to be the first to avert my eyes. The endless void his optic mirrored was mentally pulling me in. It was everything I could do not to tremble at my spot. This is definitely going to be a great achievement if I walk out of here not being the first to cut the eyes-war.

However, in clawing embarrassment, I tore my gaze from his on seeing the sharp twitch of his jaw like he was about ripping my head off from my shoulders. Still, I sulked. My teeth biting the inside of my mouth.

"What are you doing in this building?" he suddenly asked-actually, growled, changing the topic. I was beyond glad. But what right has he to enquire such from me? They are all the same in this damn company starting from the top.

I inhaled for patience not to return the question. I felt an emotion resembling anger snake inside of me. My frustration of not succeeding in securing a job, eating gradually my inside like a powderpost beetles feasting on a dry wood. As I opened my mouth to provide my own piece, I heard the scraping of metal on floor and no sooner did I realize it was the receptionist getting riled up and uncomfortable. Then, it came to me-the idea that the conversation might be heading to the dimension she wouldn't want it to. The corner of my mouth slightly stretched forming a half smile. I cleared my throat as loudly as the noise her chair produced. I slapped my hands together, getting her full attention for the noise ceased. Anything to upset her in revenge. It was only fair I got her pissed off before leaving since I wasn't going to get any job anyway, I shrugged. "Uhm, looking for a job," I admitted using a tone bridging between angel-like and demonic. I winced on hearing my own voice, how I was able to pull that through. You see, it wasn't in me to taunt people. But the presence of the human standing a feet taller than me, combined with the annoying person behind the counter, brought out the worst in me. It was simply too much for me to handle at a time.

You are losing your chances of ever getting a job in here! A voice at the back of my head rang like a faulty alarm clock.

And I should freaking-

"With a mouth as sharp as the edge of a razor blade, I doubt that." He shoved his hands into his professionally tailor suit pant.

"I thought as-" a raise of a finger was all the parrot behind me needed to shut her gob. I sensed her squirming in humiliation on her seat. Serves her right-

"I'm sorry, sir-"

"And as for you-" he interrupted both my gleeful musing and her apology "-your type aren't welcome around here."

I arched a brow. "What do you mean my type?"

A twitch of a jaw.

I fell silent. Knowing better than to retort further. To my surprise, he turned and stalked towards an elevator. I watched, abruptly mesmerized by his gait movement. Contemplating on whether to leave holding my tongue in check or snap at his retreating back before doing so. My pondering soon changed to frustration when my mind kept lingering at the two options without selecting one. Then, just then, the receptionist snickered causing me to wonder if I'd had a feud with her in another life.

As I turned to face her, words that had been earlier said, barely above whisper and gritted teeth, flooded into my head. "Follow me," he had said not looking back to verify if I was doing so. Giving me the choice of bundling my self out or do as he'd ordered.

Ordered!

My lips tightened together. Who the hell does he think he is to tell me what to do? Is he trying to prove a false theory of how dumb I am like he had previously commented? Does the owner of this company have a clue as to how his employees are painting bad the image of his company? I'm sure as hell ain't going to work anymore even if a job is offered to me in a platter. I felt sorry for myself for trying at the first place.

I turned on my heels to get the hell away, blinking my eyes furiously to contain non existing tears.

"Perfect!" a barely muffled voice chorused halting me in place. I veered sharply to glare at her. The expression I saw on her face-that of triumph and uncontained happiness made me change my mind instantly.

Suddenly, I grinned, shocking the both of us. The uncovered buoyant beaming on her face slowly dissolved like a snow under the heat of a sun. "Coming right after you." I smirked changing my direction to the lifter. I knew her eyes traveled with me, and when I got into the elevator, I met them with an equally heated ones dashing her a wink just before the door slid shut, kindling my grudge towards the man standing like an erected statue beside me. As soon as I get a job, I decided curtly, I shall report him to his employer and have his ass whooped.

--------------------------------------------------
Short chapter, I know. I had to stop here because If I continue, considering the amount of words I put down for this chapter, it might reach about 3500-4000 and we wouldn't want that, would we? Lol.
Next update coming up soon.