Chapter 29

Taylor POV

I don't even know where I was.

The beeping sound from somewhere around me is very annoying.

I'm having trouble to open my eyes. My hand felt like someone was holding it. I couldn't bring myself to squeeze their hand back as they talked to me. All this while, I heard different voices talking to me. But one particularly caught my attention.

Jared's voice.

He was broken. He was miserable with what happening to me. Yes I heard everything but I couldn't bring myself to squeeze his hand or open my eyes. Countless of time, I was drowning in the darkness and was pull back to life.

Bad experience really.

"Taylor, everyone is freaking worrying about you. Jamie is still have yet to meet you. Come on Tay, where's the stubborn girl I knew?" Chad said. I know that's his voice from the slight raspy voice.

I manage to give a light squeeze to whoever holding my hand. Someone gasped, "Taylor?" A deep voice said.

"What? What's wrong?"

"She just squeeze my hand. Taylor, babe, if you can hear me, squeeze my hand one more time." He said, slightly closer to my ear. I focus on my hand and give it a light squeeze. "Call the doctor." The voice exclaimed excitedly.

My eyes fluttered open before I quickly shut it from the sudden bright lights. "Close the curtain." A lady's voice said. I heard a baby whining before someone soothe the baby. I open my eyes slowly and blink it to adjust my eyesight. I look around and everyone was grinning at me.

My throat suddenly felt annoying. One of the nurse walk in the room and walk over to me and put a glass of water near my lips and help me drink up since I can't really move my hands. The doctor came in and smile once he saw me. "Morning Ms Marty. Its nice to see you finally awake." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I've been asleep that long?" I asked.

Their eyes widened, but the doctor just smile at me and nod. "Apparently. Don't you remember anything Taylor?" He asked. I try to rake my brain about what happened but nothing came up. I just gave up and shook my head. "Well, you got into an accident with Sam, to get here cause your brother's fiancee is giving birth. Ring any bell?" He ask.

I bit my bottom lip, not remembering any of that. "Is Sam okay then?"

"Yes, he's been discharge yesterday. And he's in the other room for a quick checkup. I'm gonna run some test on you okay?" He told me before moving over all the machine that has been stuck on me.

Woah, that's a lot of machine.

I look around and basically, they were still staring my way. Like they couldn't believed that I was here. I quirk my eyebrows, "I'm awake. You can come and hug me gently now." I stated as I hold my arm out for them.

They grinned and walk over to me.

---

"Are you excited to be back home?" Chad ask from the passanger seat. I chuckled, "Of course. I can just sleep however I want and the needles are finally out of my skin." I said.

I had to stay for few weeks after I woke up. It was really annoying cause I still had the machines stuck in my arm. Rosie, Jared and Sam stay around a lot but I manage to get them home when the visiting hours is over. After they run a few tests, they made me have a sleeping medicine just to put me to sleep. In few days, they bring me for a brain scanning thingy and xray.

Definitely not my best weeks.

They told me I will have trouble remembering a few stuff and that I'm gonna have a trouble breathing. Which make me not fit for any physical exercise or activity.