six.

Reese wandered into the master bedroom in search of Taylor

                                                       Reese wandered into the master bedroom in search of Taylor. When she entered, she was greeted with a, "hey, love!" Reese hopped on the bed next to the teacher.
"Uhm, Taylor, can I ask you something?"
"Of course, anything."
"So...my friend, Jane, is having this party on Friday, and I was wondering if I could go? There won't be anything bad. She just wants to have a few friends over." Reese was nervous to ask, but she didn't know why.
"Friday? I'm fine with that, sweetheart. You can go." Taylor smiled warmly at the teen.
"Thanks Taylor!" Reese jumped up and hugged her.

~~~
As soon as she got home from school, Reese ran upstairs to her room to get ready for the party.
"Well she's excited, isn't she?" Karlie laughed.
"Yes she sure is. Her and Jane talked about it nonstop in class today."

By the time 7 o'clock rolled around, Reese was ready for the party and waited with anticipation for Taylor to drive her there.
"Bye, honey. Have fun! I love you." Karlie hugged the girl tightly.
"Love you Karlie!" she responded sweetly, putting a smile on the woman's face.
"Ready?" Taylor entered the kitchen.
"Yep!" Reese jumped out of the chair and raced to the car.

"Hey, I want you home by 12:30, okay? No later please." Taylor said, showing her mom side.
"Okay!" Reese obliged.
"Have fun and be safe. Love you Reese." Taylor said and Reese leaned over the middle console to hug her.
"Bye, Taylor. Love you!" she jumped out of the car and started to her friend's door. Taylor watched and smiled proudly. It wasn't often that the shy, introverted girl went out with friends.

About an hour after Reese had arrived, the party doubled in size.
"Jane, how do you know this many people?"
"I don't know most of them, friends of friends, mostly."
Reese spotted many upperclassmen and was surprised when some of them brought alcohol. She decided to let it go, and not be so uptight. 'It's just a typical party,' she thought.

After an hour of mingling and dancing, Reese had met a boy named Jackson. He was a junior and Reese immediately realized that she had a huge crush on him. They talked and laughed for a while.
"Hey, you should try some of this." Jackson handed Reese his cup. She thought about how mad Taylor and Karlie would be if they found out she was drinking, but she liked Jackson and didn't want him to think of her as a little kid. Against her better judgement, she took the cup and drank from it.
"Good right?"
She smiled and nodded at the boy. Then, he leaned in and kissed her lips. She was surprised, but didn't pull away. She spent the rest of the night hanging out with Jackson.

"She promised me 12:30 Karlie! And she's not answering her phone! How do I know she's not dead?" By 1:30, Taylor decided she'd had enough.
"Calm down, hon, I'm sure she's fine. She probably just lost track of time." Karlie tried to sooth her stressed wife.
"I have to go down there, Karlie."
"Just try and call her one more time, and if she doesn't answer, go see what's going on."
Taylor picked up her phone and dialed the number. It rang five times and then went to voicemail.