Memories

I had certainly never expected to see him again. In our ten-year friendship, I had not seen him for the last four years. I still remembered him as the naughty, playful and lanky boy who used to exchange glances with me during class. The boy who would catch my eye whenever somebody made a joke, and we would roar with laughter. The boy who gave me an unexpected hug when I broke the news that I was moving. 

He had seemed so possessive when I told him that we were moving. He had gone all strange, and I remembered the most awkward thing. I had said goodbye to him and promised to keep in touch, and turned away. He had grabbed my hand suddenly, and pulled me back hard into his chest. I remember thinking that my heart was in my mouth; we had never been so physically close before. He had stared hard into my eyes, holding me tight against him for a long minute. He lowered his mouth to my ear, and whispered- "Don't forget me, will you? Because I'll be thinking of you every single moment."

Then as suddenly as he had done that, he had pulled away and walked in the other direction. 

And so, my hands had gone cold with anticipation when my parents told me we were moving back after four years away from home. A day passed, then two, our day of going back coming closer. I had no way of knowing what to expect when I got back home, or if he was even still there.

But nothing could have prepared me for what awaited me. 

.       .       .       .       .       .

Hey Guys! This is my first attempt at writing romance. Please tell me what you think of the story so far in the comments. Next chapter coming soon; any suggestions or wishes for the characters?

Thank you!