New Friends

I turned away, trying to hide my blush. As I walked bashfully out of the court, someone grabbed my arm, and pulled me behind the trees. 

"What the he-"

"Shh. What were you doing with him?" I looked up to see Arhaan glaring down at me, holding my arm, my back against the tree and him in front of me. 

"Nothing. We just met."

He scoffed. "Just met? Alia, stay away from him. He's bad news." His hand reached up to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, and my face heated up as his finger touched my face. 

"Mhmm." I said, awkwardly shifting. 

Arhaan moved a step closer to me. 

"Come over this evening. I've missed you. I'll invite Mira and Trish over as well. It can just be the four of us, like old times."

I smiled, meeting his eyes. I nodded. 

"You know I care about you, right?" he said. 

I blushed. "Arhaan, stop. I know."

He smirked, then pulled me into a hug. 

"You better." he whispered into my ear. His hands caressed my back, then pressed me closer to him. 

.  .  .   .   .   .

That evening, I went to Arhaan's home. As I rang the doorbell, I could hear laughter coming from inside. Mira opened the door, and her face broke into a wide smile. 

"Alia!!! Come in!"

"Hey, it's actually my house", said Arhaan, coming over to the door, elbowing Mira. 

He smiled at me. Mira made a face at him, and went inside, talking to me all the while.

"It's good you got here, Alia. A few more minutes with these two boys, and I would have gone crazy."

I chuckled. As I passed Arhaan to walk inside, my body brushed slightly against his. That was when I noticed he was staring at me intensely. His eyes had gone dark. He looked me up and down, and I blushed. 

I was wearing a simple black cotton dress with my hair in a low ponytail, so I didn't know why he was staring. But he sure looked gorgeous, with his hair rumpled and wearing a black long sleeve shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows, with faded jeans. I lowered my gaze, and walked by him. 

Trish looked up, his mouth falling open. 

"Alia! It's been so long!"

I was as excited. He didn't seem to have changed a bit. 

"Trish! You haven't changed a bit! It's so great to see you."

I couldn't believe my own happiness. These three people had once been my world, and to spend time with them again was the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world. 

As the evening wore by, I noticed the secret looks Mira and Trish were giving each other. Arhaan seemed to have caught on too, because after Mira and Trish both went to the kitchen at the same time to drink water, Arhaan caught my eye and we both chuckled softly.