Old Stones [Explained]

As soon as I heard the Jenny of Oldstones song on Game of Thrones and how it played as everyone was seemingly happy before the big storm, I immediately thought about Merly.

Everyone lost everything, but she still had Bucky by her side. So she knows that if she even tries to fix things she has to inevitably risk losing Bucky whether she dies or he does.

And the part where it mentions the ghosts, I thought how that also resonated with her because she felt in a way responsible for the death of her real parents and her adoptive family, thus them being the ghost she didn't quite know of. And also the ghosts she did knew were the ones who dusted away.

High in the halls of the kings who are gone, Jenny would dance with her ghosts..Merly is technically royalty on her father's side because of Thanos, so by killing Thanos she'd probably become the last of the line (unless there are still more Eternals around in the MCU) and rule over nothing but a mass grave.

And the part where it said she danced with the ghosts, it made me think about how many times Merly has "died" but never stayed dead as everyone else around her kept dying, she danced with the ghosts but never stayed with them. Also about that scene I wrote where she cries after seeing her family's picture, she was in the hall (vault) of those who were gone, that vault had their ghosts and secrets hidden with it to keep her safe because her family was the ghosts that loved her the most....

*I'm well aware you're probably making a hard eye roll at me and I honestly don't blame you

I know this is a bit of a stretch but those where my immediate thoughts upon hearing the song for the very first time. This probably doesn't make much sense but y'know🤷‍♀️ whatever...

Has there ever been a particular song that has made you think about Merly, or her story or just this fanfic in general? Or other Marvel characters?

What other parts of the song do you think relate to Merly ? Or other characters?