SIX

In the morning Clementine returned with Aj, he had a gunshot wound. Emma felt guilty, she couldn't even stay in the admin building with them. Louis did, he clearly cared about the kid. He couldn't leave his side.

Instead Emma waited outside, on the bench biting her nails. Assim made his way over to the girl, sitting down in front of her. "Don't kick them out again."

"Don't worry." Emma responded, leaning on her hand. Assim nodded a Thank you. "D- do you think they will forgive us?"

Assim raised a brow at the girl, "Yeah- Yeah I think they will." He explained, she smiled slightly standing to her feet. She walked into the admin building up the stairs, she leant on the wall watching Louis talk to a passed out Aj.

"I'm so sorry little guy- I-"

Moments later Mitch stormed by, along with Ruby. Then Clem left the office, Louis looked up and walked off.  "Clementine," Emma said.

The girl in the baseball cap turned to the blonde, "I- I wish we didn't kick you out."

"But you did," Clem replied in a bitter tone.

"I'm sorry," Emma apologised, Clem narrowed her eyes at the girl. Before sighing.

"I get why you did what you did," Clem spoke. Emma smiled at the girl. "I hope we can move past this."

"We can!" Emma grinned, at the girl. Before walking off down the corridors to find Louis.

He was at his piano, obviously. The blonde stood at the door watching him play, she just stared at him in awe. A bubbly feeling began to form in her belly, butterflies? Her heart felt strange. What was happening? The blonde ignored her feeling, pushing herself of the wall and sitting next to Louis. He smiled at her, it didn't meet his eyes. "Your really good."

"I know, you listen to me play everyday." Louis responded, it was true. Most days anyway. The girl always came over to him, and his piano. No one else would sit through it. Marlon wasn't Louis' best friend, Emma was.

"I love music," She answers sitting down next to the boy. He gave her a half smile, mumbling something under his breath. She could hear it because he began hitting the keys.

Louis stopped playing after a minute looking at the blonde girl, she smiled brightly at him. Blue eyes met brown. Louis was tempted to kiss the girl, but then fear erupted in his mind. Then the thought of Marlon flashed through his brain and the next thing he knew he was crying again. Emma wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close to herself. "D- do you believe what you say? Someplace better after this?"

"Yeah, I do." Emma responded, looking at the wall feeling his tears wet her shirt.

"Then whats the point?"

"What?" Emma asked, pulling back from the boy looking in his eyes. This was such a strange thing coming from Louis, he was clearly in a really dark place. Maybe everything had gotten to much for him, maybe this was just a one off thought train.

"Why don't we just, go to that place. The better place. Emma? We can go togethe-" Louis began, he didn't know what he was thinking. She slapped him hard across the face, tears stung her eyes and dropped down her cheeks.

"I haven't survived this long just to go and kill myself Louis?!" She called angrily, "How could you think that? How could you suggest that?! Fuck you!" She shouted before storming out the room.

Louis gulped watching her leave, instantly regretting his decision. It was a moment of weakness that everyone had in the apocalypse. Everyone. As Emma stormed out the building everyone looked at her, she was livid. Full of anger. No one had ever seen her like that, Mitch stood in her way. "Emma what's wrong? What did Louis do?" He asked, jaw clenched as he stood threateningly looking at the admin building. Louis had emerged, teary eyes. He glared at Mitch. Mitch glared at him.

"Nothing- He- just move out the way!" She shouted, circling around him. Mitch grabbed the blondes arm pulling her back. Emma swung for him, punching him in the face. Mitch was in shock at her behaviour, she retracted her hand. Shocked at herself. The blonde ran to the gate, leaving the school.

Mitch turned to Louis, and began stalking over to him angrily. "What the fuck did you do?"

"I'm not the one with a bruised face," he replied in a snarky tone. Mitch narrowed his eyes at the boy. Violet stood in his path along with Clementine.

"Stop, turn around," she said to Mitch, he sighed stepping back. "Someone needs to get Emma, she didn't bring a weapon."

"I will go."

"I will go."

Louis and Mitch spoke at the same time, Clem scowled at the two idiots. Then Ruby spoke up, "I'll get her."

Violet nodded a Thanks, and she left the gates. Violet began scolding the boys, and Ruby hunted the woods for Emma. She found the blonde girl crying on a log, he raised a brow at the dead walkers around her. There heads had been bashed in by a blunt object, her not having any weapons and the blood on her shoe. Ruby had deduced that was the weapon.

"Emma? Sweetheart?" She said softly, sitting next to Emma on her bench. Well the log.

She sighed loudly, turning to the ginger girl with a smile. "I caused a real scene didn't I?"

"Everyone is worried," she explained. "Mitch is blaming Louis, was it him? Did he... try anyth-"

"Oh god no!" Emma cut Ruby off, she sighed once more biting her lip. "He- i- Everything just to much for me, he said something and I slapped him." She explained vaguely.

"You know those two boys are head over heels for ya," Ruby spoke. Emma furrowed her brows looking at the girl.

"What?"

"Mitch and Louis, they are completely in love with you." Ruby declared, the blonde shook her head. "Why do you think they always have those testosterone filled moments?"

"If they were in love with me, I would know about it." Emma denied, Ruby sighed.

"Let's get back to camp."