• 𝕓𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕕𝕒𝕪 | 🥀

~> author's pov •

     today was march 22nd, will byers' birthday. the party, now including max are going to will's house to celebrate his special day. (but the smol bean doesn't know that)

     "will, honey. are you dressed?" joyce asked her son from the kitchen while she was making food.

     "i'll be out in a few mom!" will said, not figuring out what to wear so he just decided on a sweater and jogging pants.

     once will got out, joyce stared at him.

     "why are you dressed like that sweets? it's your birthday. you should atleast wear something, eh... nicer?" joyce said pointing to his outfit and will just shrugged.

     "but we're just staying home today." will said blankly.

     "you never know." joyce said.

     jonathan got out of his room and sat down on the dining table as joyce set down their breakfast.

     "bud, why are you dressed like that?" jonathan asked, raising an eyebrow.

     "uh... are we going somewhere? cause i can change." will said, eating breakfast.

     "uh... no where special honey." joyce said, joining her sons.

~> time skip to after they ate berkpast •

     joyce pulled jonathan aside as will finally decided to change, not questioning the request for an outfit change any further.

     "where are they? they should be here by now." joyce said.

     "i don't know. should i call them?" jonathan asked and joyce looked at him with a 'what do you think' expression on her face.

     jonathan went to grab the phone and he called the wheelers.

     "hello?" on the other line was mike.

     "mike, where are you guys? will's gonna get more confused by the second." jonathan asked the other boy.

     "we're getting there. we were just going to bike over." mike said.

     "good. well, hurry up. will's probably getting bored now." jonathan said as he hung up.

~> time skip once again bought to you by... a lazy ass author •

     will heard a knock on the door. "i'll get it!" he said as he stood up.

     "wha- oh hey guys. what are you doing here?" will asked as he saw his friends standing outside.

     "we came here for your birthday, duh." max said in a joking manner.

     "and for food." dustin added and will rolled his eyes and let them in.

     "oh, hey kids!" joyce said as she set down the last of the food on the table.

     before they sat down to eat, some bust through the door and...

     it was momma steve.

     "steve? what are you doing here?" lucas asked.

     "uh... duh. i'm dating jonathan and i'm basically your mom kiddos." steve said as he sat down and kissed jonathan's cheek. (ehehehehe stonathan for lyf)

~> guess what? AnOTHeR TiME SKiP! •

     the kids decided to go to the quarry so they were getting ready.

     "let's go!" jane said as she held onto max's hand and pecked her lips. (yes children, this book has elmax)

     "you guys go ahead. i'm gonna talk to will for a few first." mike said as the others nodded and walked out.

     but of course they made smooching noises and winky faces.

     "oh fuck off." mike laughed and they walked out.

     "what did you wanna talk about mike?" will asked, looking at the taller boy infront of him.

     "um... i wanted to tell you this for a very long time now." mike started. "i hope you won't be freaked out."

     "of course. you can tell me anything." will assured him.

     mike inhaled. "okay... ilikeyouandiwantyoutobemine please don't hate me." he said, saying the confession part quickly but will still heard him.

     "of course mike." will said and mike was confused.

     "wh-" mike started but was cut off when will got on his tiptoes and kissed him.

     when he pulled away, mike was shocked.

     "so... we're a thing now?" will asked cutely and mike nodded.

"best birthday gift ever." will exclaimed and they kissed once more, longer this time.

     as they walked out the door, all their friends were outside.

     "BOOYAHH! pay up lucas!" dustin demanded and mike looked ever so confused.

     "first of all, what the fuck. second of all, what the actual fuck, third of all, why the fuck." mike said and they all laughed and made their way to the quarry. (okay, why the fuck did i write cum instead of fuck lmao)

•••••

another vv bad ending but welp.