ARDHA-NARISWAR

Bhringi Rishi, was a true devotee of Mahadev but didn't liked Parvati as he thought that men are superior and Parvati is inferior.
Once he organised a Puja ceremony to please Mahadev.  Mahadev became extremely pleased with his devotion.  He ordered Nandi to go and bring him to Kailash.
Nandi went and said to Bhringi Rishi,"I am Nandi, Mahadev's vahan. Mahadev has ordered me to take you to Kailash".
He became extremely happy and went with Nandi.
Mahadev said to Parvati,"Gauri, You are Kailash-Swamini.  Go and welcome my devotee".
Parvati smiled and went to welcome Bhringi Rishi. Bhringi was not satisfied seeing Parvati but didn't said anything as she was Mahadev's wife.

He went to Mahadev and said,"Mahadev, Its my good luck that I came to Kailash. I like Kailash's environment.  Mahadev, please bless me that I can stay in Kailash forever".
Mahadev smiled and said,"Come Rishivar.  Come and do my Parikrama(go around) three times. Then you will be blessed with my boon".

Parvati was standing but she was not sitting with him. He alone was sitting.
Bhringi Rishi went and started his Parikrama but he was unable to complete it.
He asked,"Mahadev,why I am unable to do your Parikrama?"
Mahadev said,"Rishi Bhringi,in the form of a devotee you are complete but in the form of a God, I am incomplete.  It's because I am incomplete you are unable to do the Parikrama".
Bhringi Rishi said,"Mahadev, I cannot believe this. My God is Purna-Purush(full man).
Shivji said,"Rishi Bhringi, without Prakirti(woman) how can Purush(man) be complete. I am incomplete without Parvati.  Parvati is my power.  Your Parikrama will be fulfilled when Parvati is present there. Come Parvati, sit beside me".
Parvati came and sat beside Mahadev.
Bhringi Rishi said," Mahadev, I am your devotee and Parvati is your wife, so I respect Devi Parvati but I am your devotee.  So I will do your Parikrama ".
He took a form of a snake and started his Parikrama for Mahadev but couldn't complete".
Bhringi Rishi took his original form and said,"Why Mahadev Why?"
Mahadev said,"Every man, not only me is incomplete without a woman. Women are power of man. Stree-Tatva is present in every man.  Every man's left part is woman.
That's why heart is situated in the left of body because emotion comes in man from woman.
Your God is ARDHA-NARI".

Parvati said,"Mahadevv....."
Mahadev said,"Yes Parvati.  You are just not standing in front of me you are within me".
Mahadev said," Your God Mahadev actually is ARDHA-NARISWAR ".

Mahadev showed that his left part is Parvati and Parvati showed that her right part is Shiv.

They merged into one and became supreme God- ARDHA-NARISWAR.

ARDHA-NARISWAR said,"A person gets blood and nerves from mother and bones and muscles from father . Then soul enters the body. Woman and man, both are the same. They are incomplete without each other.  Both of them plays equal role for the betterment of the world".
Bhringi Rishi said,"Then why woman always walks after man?"
Ardhanariswar said,"Because it's necessary to walk her after man. The one who gives support, the one who gives the person the right path, the right way has to walk backward".
Bhringi Rishi said,"Mahadev, I am your devotee.  So I will do your Parikrama only".
Bhringi Rishi took the form of a bee and went to do Mahadev's Parikrama but still he was unsuccessful.

Mahadev and Parvati said,"Foolish Bhringi.  There is difference between true devotion and accepting the false fact again and again.
I have told you that woman are the soul of man and you have insulted woman power".
Mahadev said to Parvati,"Parvati, You know what are you suppose to do."

Parvati said,"In your eyes, there is no importance of woman power. So I , Parvati, Jagat-Janani, Parama Prakirti is giving order to that part of the body to come out which you have got from woman".

Suddenly the power to stand, to sit, to talk came out from him.

Then Bhringi Rishi understood his mistake and joined his hands In front of Parvati but he was unable to say anything.

Parvati said,"Mahadev, Rishi Bhringi apologised. So I think that we should forgive him".
Mahadev said to Parvati," Gauri, Your words are order to me. Ok. I am also forgiving him".

Parvati returned Bhringi Rishi his powers.

Bhringi Rishi said,"Mata, I am extremely sorry for what I did. Can I again see both of you in Ardhanariswar form"

Parvati and Mahadev smiled and again became ARDHA NARISWAR.
Bhringi Rishi did the Parikrama of Ardhanariswar.

Ardhanariswar said,"From Today, You are our family member  Rishi Bhringi".

Bhringi Rishi said,"Jai Mahakal, Jai Mahakali. You are one. Both of you cannot be separated. You are the supreme. Jai ShivShakti".

Everyone including the Devtas praised Ardhanariswar and did puja.
Ardhanariswar blessed everyone.