23)

why was toni walking down the cold streets of new York at 10 am with a small vase of flowers? why was she nervous? why did she lowkey want to turn around and pretend yesterday never happened? the answer to all the questions is simple, Cheryl blossom.

toni had volunteered to walk the girls home yesterday, so there she was walking into a shady part of new York with a vase of flowers and a pocket full of cash. walking up to the right apartment ignoring the smell of weed from the on the left side beside Cheryl's and the two guys with angry stares on the right.

ringing the door bell toni holds the vase in front of her examining it, maybe she should make a run for it throw the vase at the shady men and run. she should be mad at Cheryl anyway right? I mean she practically died for four years just to pop back up at random. getting pulled out of her own thoughts when the door opens to see Cheryl in a oversized t shirt and short black short barely visible do too the size of the short. her hair tossed up messily but not faltering from perfect. Cheryl's lips looked pink and plump, full bare. her face not showing a trace of makeup making her beauty even more breath taking.

"toni? what are you doing here?" Cheryl ask toni taking in her long leg but finding it adorable how Cheryl was wearing longer socks with monkeys on them. 'focus toni' she scolds herself.

"house warming present," toni says holding up the vase of daisy's but frowning at the realisation."even though it'll die in a few weeks. " Cheryl smiles taking the face examining her favorite flower.

"there gorgeous tt." toni heart picks up the beat hearing what she was called. that same nickname had its affect four years ago and here she was falling again.

"mama you forgot to finish bubble gupi- sugar!" Layla appears in a yellow dress , her long wavy dark brown hair flowing her back. noticing Toni's arrival Layla runs and attaches her self to her leg nuzzling her head on her thigh. toni giggles at how the child was so fond of her, Cheryl watching the interaction closely.

"will you pwease watch bubble guppies with me, mama never sings along to the songs. you will wight sugar?" Layla ask her brown eyes sparkling up at toni in hopes to win the girl over. sighing in defeat she looks up at Cheryl who had her lip in between her teeth. Layla never showed that much affection to anyone other than Cheryl, sure she was outgoing but she never went as far as attaching to them begging them to stay. the way toni looked at Layla with care was all it took for Cheryl to slowly nod for her to come in.

"well only if its bubble guppies. " toni says picking the girl up heading inside. when you walk in you immediately see the leaving room, a TV and a black couch. on the TV was the kids cartoon and a bag of gold fish on the couch assuming they were Layla's.

"mama was making lunch she never eats all of it but she still eats some. " Layla says as toni sits down pulling her onto her lap. toni frowns at the information, Cheryl was gorgeous she shouldn't worry about her size. it was so unlike Cheryl , the one she knew. Cheryl would've normally told the waiter she wanted two of everything, not cut the sandwich in half.

"well wee gotta make sure she eats all her food like us, your very strong. " toni nods and Layla giggle flexing her arms.

"I'm gonna be a soccer player. " Layla says raising her chin in the air. Cheryl walks back into the kitchen finishing up cooking the eggs and toast. managing to slip away from Layla's story about the mean girl in daycare, toni goes to check on Cheryl.

"you want anything to eat?' Cheryl ask not turning around ut already feeling the honey eyes watching her.

"sure, " toni says not caring to say much more she was watching as Cheryl grabbed the pink unicorn cup and matching plate. "she wont eat from anything else. " Cheryl smiles to herself sharing the detail to toni. toni now realises the small soccer ball in the kitchen, Layla must've been trying to play. toni finds Cheryl again filling the pink cup up with orange juice. Cheryl realises how small her waist had got in, her curves not leaving for a second but she still has gotten skinnier. toni had the urge to hold her close and kiss away any doubt Cheryl had that she was gorgeous.

"you know, standing there watching me is far more creepy then those two guys who prance around the apartment building sagging. " Cheryl says a blush finding her cheeks.

instead of saying anything toni walks up to Cheryl making her turn around. it was funny how in four years Cheryl still smelled the exact same, a fruity shampoo, vanilla perfume, and a small trace of downy detergent. something toni would want to bathe in. it was a sent only Cheryl could have, no one else.

toni was looking into cheryls eyes seen the same chocolate color that she fell for in the first place, the same smile just a little softer.

they were inches apart when Layla come marching in now wearing a baseball cap that she found from god knows where.

"that's my sugar mommy I saw her first. " Layla says grabbing Toni's hand and pulling her away.