34)

"hey," betty says with a warn out smile. just then Jason pops his head from behind the door.

"look who ran into me at kmart yesterday?" Jason said before seeing cheryl and tackling her with a hug.

"omg cher, its been forever. " jason says lucy swerving out of the way somehow missing the attack. cheryl wraps her arms arounf jason closing her eyes intaking his affection.

"i missed you. " cheryl whispered.

"everyone missed me. " he whispered back cheryl scoffing and pushing him off.

"what is it doing here. " veronica points acusingly at betty who blushed and looked down.

"i thought id stop by , say hi, tell you i still love you?" betty says lucy's heart stopping veronica's jaw drop and toni to spit out her coffee. jason looked between everyone cheryl lookinf at the floor.

"baby i got rid of the kittens. " lauren rushed in throwing her arms around veronica before noticing betty.

"hey betty, guys did you know betty is here?" lauren ask as lucy clears her throat. betty then looks at her with an oh shit face.

"and i love you too. " betty says and lucy just rolls her eyes.

"im out, im going to um, yeah. " lucy says before walking out slamming the door. cheryl looks at toni who gave her the signal to leave. cheryl walked out behind her.

"oh lauren, you and veronica? are you guys a couple still?" betty ask with a bitter sweet smile.

"nope, we're engaged" lauren says kissing veronica's shoulder who remained quiet.

"i think we need to talk. " veronica says to betty who nods in agreement.

"i do too. " betty agrees.

"lets talk in my room. " veronica says turning on her heel and walking towards the room betty following.

"whats that about?" lauren ask with a smile. jason frowns as well as toni.

-

"lucy wait, " cheryl grabs her wrist but she jerks away turning around to face her with tears in her brown eyes.

"let me be, cherry . " lucy says with a sad smile that made cheryl retract her hand shoving it into her jeans.

"no, you didnt let me be when i refused to eat. " cheryl said and lucy only chuckled in response.

"cheryl, youre worth so much, you have the world in you hands, and me? im worthless. thats the difference.

"thats not true. " cheryl denys and lucy shakes her head a tear falling.

"i use to believe that, i kept telling myself she needed me, but i needed her. im that character in every book that is their for the main character, no one ever thinks to much about them, they just laugh at them. and forget their names. im that person. go home cheryl. go to your daughter and girlfriend. forget my name. " lucy smiled and turned back around hurrying down the hall.

-

"i love you veronica, i always have, since college i was just afraid to admit it. " betty says. pacing back and forth.

"i dont know what to say to that besides it's too late. i have lauren. "

"come on veronica we both know why you got back with her, because i left dont deny that. " betty stops with a serious stare that made veronica's head fall back down.

"i love lauren. she never left. you did. "

"come on vero what we have was special"

"what we had. " veronica say looking up with tears in her eyes. "what we had was special, but just like everything special it turns to common. you cant show up and just expect me to love you again, you cant just tell me you love me than leave me, you can-" betty cut her off with her hands on her face pulling their lips together/ veronica didnt kiss back but she let betty kiss her lips softly.

#secondarycharacterday