Chapter 3

Italics are Jeongguk's thoughts

3rd Person POV

It has been about a month or so since Jeongguk has been going to appointments with Dr Kim Taehyung, and he may not show it but the smiley male has grown on him. He started appreciating the hour and a half he got with him every other day. He noticed that he has been less jumpy when doors were slammed.

But nothing Taehyung did could make Jeongguk walk again. Even with the exercises Jimin and his Physiotherapist were giving him. He trusted Jimin, he had finished all his schooling and he was just as qualified to help him as his physiotherapist, Jimin only wanted to help.

Jeongguk was sitting in the lobby, waiting for his appointment with Taehyung. He thought of all the things his doctor will talk about. All the weird and random things that Taehyung thinks of. Jeongguk admits that he wished he could see the older more often, the younger had quickly grown to like him.

Maybe, Jeongguk liked Taehyung more than just as a doctor-patient relationship. But he definitely wasn't gonna admit it.

The happy energy, the gorgeous smile, the silly personality, what wasn't there to love.

"Hey Gguk, are you ready," the deep soulful voice interrupted Jeongguk's thoughts.

"Yes." Jeongguk replies with slightly pink cheeks. He was embarrassed, he didn't realize that Taehyung caught him daydreaming.

He wheeled himself into the familiar office.

"So Jeongguk, how was your day today?" The psychiatrist asked.

"It was okay,"
It's better now I'm with you,

"That's great! What do you want to do today?"

"It doesn't matter,"
I just want to be with you,

"So, how has the physio been?"

"Nothing has happened yet, I still can't feel anything."
But everything feels better in your presence,

"That's okay, this stuff takes time! You'll be better before you know it!"

"I hope so,"
You just made me confident, thank you.

"I know this may sound weird, but I have no more appointments after yours, do you want go with me to Jin's café?" Taehyung asked.

"Sure,"
What are you doing to me Kim Taehyung?

"Great!"

Taehyung had this aura about him, he always smiled and made sure everyone knew he was always happy. He also had the biggest heart, wanting everyone to live their best lives.

Jeongguk couldn't help but fall for the spell the older was casting upon him. In the span of a month this young man has made him feel so much different emotions. Hope, love, and happiness.

These were emotions Jeongguk thought he wouldn't be able to feel ever again.

They were nearing the end of their appointment and Taehyung started getting ready.

"You ready Jeongguk?"

"Yes, thank you for taking me." Jeongguk bowed his head slightly. It was definitely awkward to bow from the chair.

"No need to bow, we've been friends for a while now, it doesn't matter,"

I don't want to just be friends,
"Yeah, sorry."

They walked into the café and the bell ringing immediately caught Jin's attention.

"Hey Gguk, Tae, how are you?" He said waving at them.