Doctor (imagine for BarbaraSieger5)

"Becca come on," Luke said, "it's just a checkup,"

"I don't need one,"

"You're 15, you're growing, you do need one,"

I groaned and stood up, not looking up from my phone and putting my shoes on, refusing to look at him. He knew I hated this.

Truthfully, my hands were clammy and I was working so had to keep my breathing normal- but he didn't have to know.

"It's just me,"

He rested a hand in my back and I flinched, playing it out and shrugging him off me. We got in the car and made our way there.

Neither of us spoke, but I let him hold my hand.

It just felt like a complete invasion of privacy, having to know my weight too. Luke always told me I was beautiful, but I didn't feel it.

"You're gonna let me do this, yeah? Otherwise Ash will have to," he warned, "and he loves you but won't take any of your stubbornness,"

I shrugged and got out the car, following him into the office. Why anyone would want to work here was beyond me. Disinfectant burnt your lungs, and it just felt of sickness.

"Alright, sit on that bed for me," Luke said, getting my files up.

He listened to my heart and my breathing, humming and pushing my shoulder down.

"Try that again," he smiled, but it just scared me. Something was wrong.

I knew what all the tools were because I'd grown up with him as a student and been to so many appointments, so I knew a blood pressure cup would do nothing.

"Everything's a bit all over today. High blood pressure and heart rate, but hardly taking and deep breaths. Are you feeling ok?"

"You're the doctor,"

It was supposed to come out confidently, but my voice cracked.

"Becca," he said softly, "I meant are you scared or anxious, which you clearly are,"

He wrapped his arms round me and Isobbed, gripping tightly onto his coat. It seemed to last forever, but even as he rubbed my back I couldn't breathe.

"I know you're stressing, but I want to get this over with in five minutes and you know I can't hurt you," he said, grabbing another tool and carefully putting it in my ear. Then, he removed the head and got a stick, making me open my mouth.

"As easy as that ay? All good,"

He took my hand and stood me against the wall, taking my height and nodding towards the scale.

"I'm not gonna say a thing,"

Reluctantly, I stepped on the scale and looked around until he said I could come off. I thought I would throw up.

We both sat on the bed and he pulled me into his chest again, tracing patterns asking my arm as I sniffed.

"What's wrong?" he whispered.

"I don't feel well,"

"You're just nervous. Take some deep breaths for me,"

"Luke,"

"I know, it's over, and I'm not letting go,"