Chapter 3

I walk into the unfamiliar principals office. As you can tell I have never had to go down to the principals office so this is really new for me. Brandon on the other hand walks in like its one of his classes. Not surprised.

"Sorry to bother you Miss Floyd but Brandon and Lilia here have been disrupting my class and I could not have that happen while I explain the important issues with the students" Mr. Caplan says. As a drama teacher of course he's going to be dramatic. We're all used to it by now. Even the principal.

"Yes that's fine. Kids take a seat" I nod my head politely and take a seat on one of her couches Brandon plops down too, relaxing into the chair to get comfortable .

"Mom I'm hungry you got any food?" Brandon asks Miss Floyd. Mom? Wait, Brandon Floyd Miss Floyd. OHHHH

I am one smart cookie. I've known, well heard of him for years but never put two and two together.

"Brandon I can't have you fooling around in class and bring in an innocent student with you" She tells him looking at me with apology etched on her face. "I'm sorry dear I'm not going to punish you. My son is very troublesome" She says to me looking back at Brandon. He rolls his eyes.

"Actually Miss Floyd Brandon was saving me" I tell her the story writing myself in. "So yeah, it was all my fault Brandon just put some of the blame on him" I conclude and she's stares at me. She stands up from her chair.

"Well is that so" She says straightening out her pantsuit then walking over to us. "I guess I can get you off the hook dear and have a little chat with Brandon" She eyes him and I take that as my signal to leave. I look at Brandon as I get up and he rolls his eyes.

___________________

After school me and Alexa decided to stay for my brother's basketball practice. They wouldn't let us in the gym so we decided to sit at the bleachers outside at the football field. The football guys were practicing but Alexa and I could care less.

"Landon told me he's going to prom with Maggie Williams" Right when I say that we both burst out laughing. We probably look so weird laughing at each other from up here.

"Speak of the devil" Alexa whispers looking past my shoulder. I turn around and as expected Maggie is there with her perfect smile and hair. I detest her but I have no reason to so I keep it to myself. She notices me looking at her and she puts on a fake smile skipping over here. "Oh shit Lilia she's coming this way" She tells me when I turn around to look away from her.

"Hey Bestie" I hear someone say in a loud chirpy voice.

"Uh hey Maggie" I slowly turn around to greet her with the same fake smile. She bats her long eyelashes at me.

"So where's Lincoln?" She asks looking around. I hear Alexa scoff but I don't say anything.

"Oh he uh, he's at basketball practice we're waiting for him" I tell her dismissing the subject so she'll leave but she doesn't. She sits down putting her head on my fucking shoulder.  God tests me everyday.

"Lilia I never told anyone this but I think I like Lincoln and since we're going to prom together do you think he'll ask me out?" She questions looking very upset if I tell her the truth. I shrug my shoulders and watch as the football players leave the field signaling the end of practice. I watch them and accidentally make eye contact with Brandon, shit. I don't think he can tell it's me though. I'm good.

"Nice seein you Maggie but we got to go" Alexa says with fake enthusiasm. Maggie pouts as she lifts her head off of me. I shift uncomfortable and descend down the bleachers. Maggie behind me following Alexa. Once we're down Maggie leaves us and Alexa and I walk back into the school.

Then I spot a familiar someone coming toward us. Brandon. Great. I try to walk past him but of course Alexa has to say something.

"Hey Brandon" She practically screams. He smiles walking over and I try to look anywhere but him.

"What's up Alexa" He says to her. "Hey Guzman, I thought I saw you eyeing me on the field" I finally look at him and his hair is all wet from sweating and he notices. "Manly" He laughs ruffling his hair and I nod.

"I was very much not doing that" I reply to him. I cross my arms.

"Are you going on the field trip in drama class" She asks him.

"I might, it's gonna interfere with my practices so I gotta ask coach plus there's gonna be scouts popping in throughout practices and, games," He asks her.

"Ahh, football stuff" She comments and I turn to her.

"Yeah, we know nothing about football," I tell him. He nods.

"I could teach you, Princess" he winks at me. I look at him in confusion. Princess? Alexa side-eyes me and I see Lincoln walk out the doors putting his hand up as a way to say 'where tf were you guys'.

"We gotta go Alexa" I tell her and her and Brandon finish up their conversation.

"Bye Princess" He smiles and I just roll my eyes waving bye to him.

Why does he keep calling me Princess?