Portal To Holdrex

Viola's POV

The voyage that he's going to take me on isn't really a voyage- it's a portal. He says it leads to some place called Holdrex, but I'm still not sure why he's leading me there and not to my mothers house. Last I checked- my sister didn't have any powers. My mom and sister were normal. And if that's true, than that's the reason why father took me away- to protect them. But what if my sister did have powers? What then?

It's possible that she could be in the same predicament that I'm in- a risk of her powers taking her over. A shiver takes my body over as I stare at the circle of purple light shining in between two trees.

"This is one of the many portals to Holdrex." Kilian says lowly. He steps forward, but I grab onto his sleeve to stop him.

"You still haven't told me what's in Holdrex- and don't say my family, because I was led to believe that they're fully human." I huff as he raises an eyebrow, a small smirk playing at his lips.

"I got some info from a crawler through the realms-" he starts as my face drops.

"A what? Like a centipede? Ew." I scrunch up my face in disgust as he sighs.

"That's not the point." He says. Thank goodness for that.

"The point is- he had some really juicy details on the whereabouts of your family." To this I straighten up and let go of his sleeve. I run my hands through my hair as I take a deep breath.

"Like what?" I say eyeing the big portal of purple flickering light. It flickers, my eye twitches. That thing is so damn creepy.

Kilian steps closer to me.

"Like the fact that your sister, Claire, has been taken by the king of Holdrex. A vampire." He murmurs in my ear. My neck hairs start to stand up as I get nervous. The king of Holdrex?

         "Well that's great!" I clap my hands together as he steps back, looking at me in a disturbed way. I probably look crazy right now.
          "Can't you command him? Aren't demons like above vampires in pay grade? Do you command them seeing as they're demons too?" I start to shoot questions at him in just a couple seconds- his face takes a permanent look of annoyance on it.

               "You need to read a book on demons or something." He mutters as I narrow my eyes at him.

         "According to books, you're supposed to be bargaining for my soul." I say to him. He raises an eyebrow, lips flickering up in the tiniest hint of a smile before it vanishes.

          "Sweetheart, that's kind of what I did." He states. "Now let's go."

           "Wait, You never answered my questions." I say with a gasp as he pushes me through the purple portal. The last thing I see is his tall muscular body walking in behind me- and both of us falling.

           It feels like only a second passes as my body clashes with a grassy ground. I let out a muffled 'ouch' as I get a mouthful of grass. I hear a thud behind me and watch as Kilian lands on his two feet. He adjusts his rolled up sleeves, tattoos glimmering in the light. I spit out the grass and roll my eyes.

          "Of course I would land like this." I mutter, pushing myself up. I take in my surroundings and find myself doing a triple take at the two suns in the sky.

         "What the fuck." I say, pointing at it.

         "Why are there two suns? What are they for?" I ask, watching as one of them let's out glimmering purple lights- and one of them casts regular bright light. So one must be purple fire- and the other just regular fire. Fascinating. I hear kilian chuckle behind me as I glance over my shoulder. He's giving me a smile- and I can't help but feel a shy smile stretch across my face.

          "What? Is there grass in my teeth or something?" I flicker my tongue over my teeth, feeling embarrassed. He shakes his head, black hair ruffling in the wind.

            "I've been here millions of times before- and that's the first time I've ever heard someone question the two suns." He says in interest, giving me a once over. I feel the air drain out of my lungs as he takes a step closer and leans down close to my ear.

           "I must have been right about you, love." He murmurs gently in my ear- but then quickly steps away and straightens himself out. I stand there dazed for a second. Right about me? What does that mean? I feel like a mouse staring an athletic tiger in the eyes as he flashes me his fangs. He then turns to walk towards the trees.

           I snap out of it and really take a second to look at all of my surroundings. We fell in a clearing- a meadow of lavender plants. The smell of honey and lavender almost puts me to sleep right in that spot, but I push myself to follow in Kilians footsteps- into the thick brush of trees. I glance around the woods and stare in confusion at footsteps in a puddle of mud.

         "The king of Holdrex lives out here?" I question, glancing around at the rustic feel.
       "Is he an intense camper or just an extreme caveman?" I mutter to myself as kilian glances back at me. He raises an eyebrow.

           "Those aren't his footprints- he actually wears shoes you know." He replies.
            "Those might be baby troll tracks." He says, walking a couple steps ahead of me.

         "Awwww." I coo, clasping my hands together in delight.

             "They like to crawl up humans backs and feast on their bones." He calls out as I yelp and speed walk away from the footprints. I glance behind me a couple times in paranoia.

          "You could've just started the sentence out with the word 'Killer' or something." I hiss as he laughs at me.

         "I wouldn't have let the big bad baby troll hurt you, Antarctica." He says with a playful smile as I sigh.

          "It's all fun and games until we're both troll soup." I whisper to myself, colliding with kilians back.

        "Ouch." I rub my forehead, It was like colliding into a wall of iron.

        "We're here." He states as I look at him in surprise.

      "Really? Just like that? That was quick." I ramble as he moves out of the way- just for a castle to be standing there- hundreds of feet tall.

        "Oh." I mutter, staring at the garden and pathway that lead up to the door. Roses and daisies littered everywhere, and the white bricks sparkled with every glance.

         I was starting to suspect that this was a Barbie movie or something.

           Kilian gestures for me to start towards the door, but my feet feel like they're cement blocks.

            I clear my throat and start to move, slowly.

            "Here I come, Claire." I whisper, playing with my hands.

            "Slowly, but surely." Kilian says sarcastically as I huff.

             "Well I don't see you running to the door." I say as he raises an eyebrow at me. We stare at each other for a minute before I cave in.

          "Fine." I say, speed walking to the door.

          "Ask for Atticus." Kilian calls out as I wave my hand at him, letting him know that I heard him.

           I just hoped that Atticus, the king of Holdrex, was friendly.

And that he didn't have any killer baby trolls as pets.