Part 4

Carl's pov

I followed Ron through the front door of his house- er... old house?

He turned around and stopped me
"Stay here.. I want to go up alone"

I just nodded, not wanting to push him, knowing that he doesn't like me and I don't want to make things worse than they already are.

He went up the stairs and minutes passed, I looked at my watch

5 minutes... 10 minutes... 15 minutes...

"What could be taking so long?" I mumbled
Suddenly I heard a thud.
I raced up the stairs, ready to pull out my gun or knife but then I froze at the top of the stairs, looking at Ron kneeling on the floor, face in his hands.
I could hear him crying.

I wasn't sure what to do, I walked over to him and knelt behind him, hesitantly wrapping my arms around him.
I expected him to push me away but instead he just melted into me, turning around and leaning into my embrace.

I let him sit there, crying into my shoulder and most definitely covering it in tears but in this moment, I didn't mind.

As we sat there I noticed how good he smelled, even though cologne was scarce and most soaps smelled the same, Ron seemed to have his own scent, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Suddenly Ron began to pull away, looking at my shirt and running a hand over the large wet spot from his tears
"I-I'm sorry—"
"Don't be- it's fine"

He looked down and sighed

"Come on, forget about your stuff, you can just borrow some of my clothes for now"

Ron nodded and I stood up, extending a hand for Ron to grab and he took it.

Once we stood up we didn't let go of each other's hands, we just stood and awkwardly looked at each other before I pulled my hand away
"S-sorry"
I stuttered, feeling embarrassed so I turned and walked down the stairs and out the door with Ron close behind me.