Part 3

Ron's pov

~two weeks later~

I'm finally allowed to get out of bed and move around for things other than the bathroom, I'm sure I would have been ready over a week ago but Maggie said I needed to rest because I had been through a lot, but who was I to complain, everyone else was busy rebuilding the wall and going out on scavenges while I got to sit around reading comics.
The one thing I didn't like though, was that I couldn't see Carl. I've felt awful about everything and I really want to apologize and see how he's doing.

-

Maggie hands me more meds and water and I take them, smiling and thanking her before leaving and finally going outside for the first time in weeks, I could see everyone working, at the time people had just got back from a run so they were carrying crates of food and other items through the gates.

I kept looking around until I saw Carl, he was wearing his Blue flannel shirt over a grey t-shirt.
I walked over to him.
He turned around and spotted me, freezing in place.
He had a bandage wrapped around his head, a larger piece covering his wound, somehow, he still looked just as attractive
Wait- no Ron you can't think that. You hate him. And. And you're not gay.

I bite my lip and walk closer, him doing the same and meeting me halfway

"H-hi"
I spoke quietly, mentally face palming because I stuttered

"Hey Ron"

"I uh.. I wanted to say sorry.. I didn't mean to shoot you"

Carl nodded
"Yeah, I know. You were trying to shoot my dad"

I sucked in a sharp breath
"I'm sorry about that too.."

He nodded again
"How's your back?"

"It uh, it hurts... but it's fine.."

Michonne came up behind Carl
"Ron I've been meaning to stop by but I haven't had a chance- I wanted to say how sorry I am-"
I cut her off
"Don't worry. It was an accident, and even if it wasn't, I deserved it..."

"Well uh.. since your mom... uh- we understand that you probably won't want to stay in your house, and that's okay, we don't expect you too, I had suggested to Rick that you stay with us as long as you promise not to try anything, and he said yes- what do you think?"

I smiled weakly
"Yeah... okay.. thanks.. I uH... I can assure you nothing like that will happen again..it was a mistake..."

Michonne nodded
"Okay well uh, Carl can take you to your room to get your belongings and then show you where you'll be sleeping, it's the room across from Carl's on the third floor"

I thanked her and Carl walked with me to my... house...