The Final Battle (Dream)

Chapter 6.

(Dream/Flashback. Warning: Very long fight scene.)

It was the final battle against Gaea, we had left Annabeth' body with her mother Athena who was weeping over her fallen daughter, she had thanked Percy profusely for not leaving her body in Tartarus where it undoubtedly would have been desecrated and ingested.

The seven... six, were powering on, offering their support to the angry sea child and mostly just staying out of his way as he carved mercilessly through the monster hoards. Duck, slash, roll, jab, launch, duck, stab, slash, roll, hack, became his mantra and helped him dive deep within himself and allow his body to take control as he dwelled within his sorrows. No monster could withstand his wrath, not even giants. Fuelled by his anger and grief his power grew larger and more intense as he carved his way through the monster hoards and towards the giants who were laughing at the demigods from a safe distance as they allowed the lesser beings to do their work for them.

Percy reached Polybotes first and set to work dealing massive damage to him. Water swirled around the incensed Son of Poseidon and a massive storm were forming overhead. Percy made quick work of Polybotes, avoiding his strikes. Riptide bit deeply into the giant's flesh, Polybotes eyes widened in pain and fear at the ferocity that the demigod fought with. His usual bright sea green eyes were a dim and fractured green, swirling with anger and malice as he continued to parry and injure the apprehensive giant.

Ducking under his guard he sliced through the behemoths stomach, before slicing the tendons in Polybotes elbows as the giant instinctively gripped his wound. Moving quickly he also severed the tendons in his knees and ankles. Leaving him whimpering upon the floor.

An explosion of light signals the rest of the gods' arrival and Poseidon quickly destroyed the whimpering mass of giants flesh with a pulse of power from his trident, nodding to his son in acknowledgment. Percy kept up his arcs of destruction.

A heart-breaking scream pierced the air, whirling around Percy saw Franks gargantuan Elephant form pierced by Orion' large arrows. Frank had taken the arrow that was aimed at Hazel's back, she had been using her powers to cause havoc among the monster's forces. Hundreds of forces disappearing into various holes that didn't previously exist, precious metals zipping through the airs blasting through monster flesh. In her despair, she only managed to conjure a feeble wall of stone between her and the second arrow.

The large arrow launched her petite frame through the air, carrying it 20 feet before leaving her small form hanging there from the arrow deeply embedded in a broken concrete foundation.

The next to fall of Percy' friends was Piper, she made herself a target by using her potent charmspeak ability. She had charmed a band of Cyclopes and was making them barrel through the monster hordes, their simple minds easy to control. They were destroying their allies left and right, massive clubs gripped in giant sweaty monstrous hands. Piper tried to fend off all the monsters barrelling towards her. Jason was by her side, he was summoning lightning bolt after lightning bolt, however, it wasn't enough. Barrelling from the distance, a massive drakon had locked onto them after a stray turkey from Piper's cornucopia caught its attention. As the drakon approached Piper attempted to stop it with her troop of cyclopes, however, the beast barrelled right through their ranks, shrugging off their attacks. A glob of acid sailed through the air, engulfing Piper who couldn't avoid it in time. Her screams of agony piercing the thick smog louder than Jason's own roar of fury, his usual lightning blue eyes darkening to a dark lightning blue. His skin coated in thick lattices of lightning, sporadically leaping out striking a monster to dust, his voice grew deep sending chills down the spines of all who heard it and the area was thick with ozone as the drakon bore down on him.