Gaining information.

Chapter 8.

The King of the Gods lounged upon his throne, the image of a regal king. He enjoyed sitting upon his throne, it was more than an amplifier for his powers. It really connected him to the world, eliciting a sense of life that flew through his veins, bolstering his power and allowing him to feel the entirety of his element.

That was why it concerned him when he felt the presence of another Pantheon. Well, not a presence exactly. More like a weapon, something that shouldn't be here. Something, the property of a god, had just crash-landed in New Mexico.

Zeus frowned, he couldn't send a demigod to go check it out. Gods were strictly banned from allowing their children anywhere near that place. Well, not banned. Just highly discouraged. Too many monsters, too much of a risk. No, he couldn't do that. But he couldn't send a god either. They would be overrun.

However he needed to do something, he couldn't just leave a gods weapon within the grasp of the mortals, and especially not the monsters. You see, monsters had taken a great liking to Mexico, for whatever reason. Luckily they were completely uninterested in the mortals, passing them by as yesterdays trash. Hardly worthy of their attention, too much of their relief.

They mostly secluded themselves below ground or among the mountains, however, if they sense a demigod... Let's just say that it isn't pretty.

A wave of guilt washed over him when he realized his only option, he had to ask Percy. He had to call upon the one demigod who had done more for them than any other, their savior and the only son of his brother that he would ever say he respects. But he had no choice, Percy was without a distinguishable scent. He was the only one capable of such a mission, and it wouldn't take long. A quick flash in and out, simple.

With a heaving sigh, he summoned Hermes. The god of thieves and travelers arrived with a blinding flash, a curious expression on his face. Hermes was holding a cool beverage and wearing casual clothes, obviously, he had come straight from the pub with Apollo.

"Hermes, I need you to take Percy to New Mexico." He informed his drunk son. Hermes brows furrowed.

"Mexico? Isn't that place infested with monster hoards." The god managed to mumble out, gripping his skull as a migraine set in. He must have taken the strong stuff, it was very difficult to get a god this heavily inebriated.

"A godly weapon has fallen into mortals reach, Percy has no scent. It has to be him." Zeus rebutted, slightly annoyed at his son's drunk state.

"Yup, aha, totally." Hermes babbled out, nursing his head. Zeus quickly cast a prayer to his son, Dionysus. The god in question lazily flashed in and left after placing a headache cure beside Hermes.

His son clutched the cure gratefully, now aware of his surroundings he nodded to his father before setting out on his mission.

oooOOOooo

Percy frowned, it was the S.H.I.E.L.D. agency once again. Figures they'd attempt to lay claim to whatever this thing was. It appeared to be a simple hammer, but he knew better. It was a godly weapon, something about the symbols engraved on its surface reminded him of Norse myths. Annabeth must've shown him something to do with the Norse before because he had no clue how he knew that.

He was currently standing in a corner of the enclosure, watching curiously as scientists flitted around the weapon. They really had no clue what it was, it was a wonder why they hadn't removed it and hidden the weapon away in some underground lab. No doubt they would be better equipped than this hastily constructed base.

Percy figured that he could wrap some particles around the hammer, pick it up, then walk right out the front door while the mortals ran around like headless chickens trying to figure out where it went. It sounded possible if a little unlikely. No doubt they would put the place into lockdown the moment it vanished, but he doubted they could stop him from vapor traveling away with the thing.