Training. Patrol, and lurking Enemies.

Chapter 7.

"Sir, I have the update you required on Perseus Jackson." An agent -a new one no doubt- whom he vaguely recognized barged impudently into his already cluttered office. Meeting the stony-eyed glare the Director levelled at him the agent gulped, realizing his mistake. Though he had always been an arrogant bastard throughout his life so deciding to at least retain a semblance of dignity ignored the piercing glare.

Reading the report he skipped over the useless things and merely read what they had marked as important. "Urm, the bug that was placed in his apartment has worked like a charm. He hasn't detected it yet, and its picked up many conversations the target has had with a few unknowns. They were unable to install camera's for video but has managed to acquire a hard copy of everything said within." He paused, skimming over the information. "Possible Greek origin, whenever he goes to make contact with someone, he always uses the same phrase. Something about honouring the goddess Iris." Another pause, "There's also something here about sacrificing food to the flames, followed by indistinct muttering but the research suggests the target was sacrificing them to his patron god. Iris maybe? Either way, the guy sounds nutters." 

He paused once more, sneaking a peek at the Director he could tell that he had caught his interest. Director Fury's expression was narrowed, his eyes calculating as they mulled over the new information. "There's also something here about Perseus and the most common correspondent talking for hours, comforting each other. They commonly mention something about multiple wars. Two maybe, though they never go into specifics. Only talking about their hardships and the sorrow they felt about their lost friends." Fury arched an eyebrow."Is it possible Perseus is aware of the bug yet playing oblivious? Could be the reason for his vagueness." Fury enquired.

The agent shook his head, "The guys don't believe so, something about PTSD and survivors guilt. Avoiding specifics to prevent possible flashbacks. At least that's their theory, no real proof of it." The agent rebutted. "Oh, and one more thing, despite these frequent calls... there have been no outgoing or incoming signals. Neither phone nor computer." 

Fury cleared a space on his desk, "Leave the file, you are dismissed. Tell the boys to send you every time they have a report. I can respect an agent who doesn't wilt from my glare." A wry grin flashed across the agent's features before reforming into calm professionalism. Placing the file on the Director's cluttered desk he turned on his heels before returning to his station. No doubt having a celebration inside his mind as he projected the spitting image of cool as a cucumber.

Fury sighed as he glanced down at the spot on his desk that was cluttered once more, this time filled with information on one of their more pressing targets. Percy Jackson was a migraine all by himself, he didn't even seem like a bad guy, but it was the fact that they didn't know his intentions. Why did he go to Rio, then return to America? In such a short amount of time? The results on relevant terrorist cells in Brazil came back a negative, as well as any transmissions to the location of the target. But were there transmissions? Now that they knew he could call people undetected.

So why did he go? What was the purpose? Was he running from something, other than S.H.I.E.L.D. of course? But then again, why was he running from law enforcement. "Some secrets can't get out." He mulled those words over in his head a few times, what was the kid hiding. He had to find out, he had to know the kids intent. It was too dangerous going himself, they knew too little about the guy. Maybe if he sent a squadron to apprehend him? He could get answers then. Yes, he required more information. Even if they somehow failed to capture Perseus, they would still provide him with enough information to more accurately predict his threat level.

Decided, he called to his trusted assistant. "Hill." She appeared with a smile, "Send a squadron after Perseus Jackson, twenty men, full gear. Have Rumlov lead the group if he's capable, his leg seems to be healing nicely, and with the enhancements that were made he will be even more effective in the field. Get him to take Barton, they may need him." She nodded her acceptance as she made her way once more to where she knew Rumlov would be.