When it all fell apart.

Chapter 13.

Disclaimer: This chapter contains Civilian Deaths.

Also, I in no way own Percy Jackson or Avengers. I only own the plot and Ahwin, everything else belongs to Rick Riordan and Marvel.

Collapsing against the wall, Percy released a shuddering gasp. Cradling his head in sweaty palms, his skull pounding as the black sludge revolved around his body. Sinking into his clothes and attempting to fuse with his skin.

'Strong, very strong.' He heard, the pounding only heightening as something inside of him rebelled at the intrusion. What in Hades was happening? 'Let me in,' There it was again, why did it want in? Gasping, he murmured as the world grew silent. The army shouting orders and guns being leveled at his shuddering figure, "W-what are you, and why does my head hurt so much?" rocking slightly as he pounded against the wall. His fists cracking the hardened stone, his eyes flashing ever so slightly.

The black sludge hissed, 'Something is blocking me, let me in!' cajoling slightly as the sludge roved over his body, 'The army won't let you walk away, you help me and I'll help you,' thrashing lightly as Percy pounded the ground beneath him, his hands leaving cracks in their wake. Even if he wanted to let this thing inside his head -which he sure as Hades didn't- he had a feeling he wouldn't be able to. It was like smog was descending over his mind, clouding his thoughts and judgment. As if something was exerting itself upon him, something other than the sludge. He didn't understand it, he wanted to understand it. Did he? He wasn't entirely sure anymore; his thoughts were far too chaotic right now to even hold a coherent thought.

With a momentous exertion of will, Percy somehow managed to stagger to his feet. Casting a wary eye over the sizable army as he knew he wouldn't be able to focus enough to vapor travel back to his home. But that didn't mean he would allow this thing in his head. Grunting, "What even are you?" he exclaimed quietly, his body moving partially on its own as he ducked and dived around the army's soldiers.

It wasn't easy however, occasionally he would stumble and fall. Tripping over his own feet as he sought more stable footing, the being still failing to gain a proper footing so it could take control. However, it had managed to gain enough ground that it didn't die from the oxygen. Hissing, 'I am Venom. An... alien, that's the human term, correct?' Nodding in short, sharp jerks as his lodged one fist in a soldier's gut. His body moving with more speed, yet growing increasingly erratic as the pounding only grew worse. His body felt as if it was on fire, and it was all he could do to remain conscious. Getting himself, and the civilians away from the army, away from harm. Did being noble always have to be so excruciatingly painful? 'What are you? No human has ever been able to resist,' Percy groaned, his eyes flashing an ethereal blue before flickering back to green. Venom was growing frustrated, that much was plainly obvious. His moves growing impatient, violent and the restraint he usually portrayed when combatting mortals was slowly but surely bleeding away as the aggression poured through to the demigods' limbs.

Spotting a fire hydrant, Percy raised his hands as he ignored the symbiotes question. His skin morphing and contorting, yet never fully changing as Venom only grew more and more aggravated with every passing second. Every passing second only seeming to amplify Percy's splitting headache, Hades he felt horrible. Like an ax had been lodged in his skull. Using whatever shred of focus that he could latch on to, the water exploded into the air. Swirling in a beautiful array of dangerous potential, before slamming his fists against the asphalt. His eyes glowing brightly, the ethereal color firmly in place as a guttural howl ripped its way from his throat. The power behind his attack absolutely decimating the army as a tank was sent careening into a wall, 'Woah,' Was all Venom had to say as it paused in its continued assault. Not only was the symbiote growing frustrated with the stalled progress, but it seemingly hadn't recovered from whatever the Hades the army had been bombarding it with earlier. A frequency of some kind, Percy assumed.