Chapter 36

#ILWTG36 Chapter 36

I came here before the sun rose and now, it's all clear. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako nandito... o kung ano ang gusto kong mangyari. I knew that I should talk to Yago... but I was still afraid of what would happen. Ang tagal na... by now, the wound has already healed, but when it came to him, I was just always scared... infinitely scared... because I knew that when it came to him, I have got everything to lose.

Huminga ako nang malalim.

I pulled down the mirror and looked at myself. I grew old. I really looked different from before—more mature. But I liked myself way better now. I'd like to believe that I was far from the impulsive Rory from before. I didn't know if it's because of the multitude of cases I have handled, but I just learned it the hard way to look at everything in different perspective. Because in court, how the hell would I win if I'd only look at things from my client's perspective? In order to defeat the prosecution, I needed to know how they think so I can refute every statement.

That's life.

And I learned it the harsh way.

Nang masiguro ko na maayos ang itsura ko, agad akong bumaba. I straightened out the gray stripes pantsuit I was wearing as I made my way towards the hotel lobby. I didn't even know where I'd start. I just... I just wanted to see him. And to talk to him... if it's okay with him. I had a lot of things I wanted to ask him, I wanted to discuss with him. We didn't really talk before... we were both at the height of our emotions... but a year had passed. Siguro mas maayos na ang magiging pag-uusap namin ngayon. Kung okay lang sa kanya.

Because he heeded my demand for him to leave.

And if he didn't want me anymore... I'd have to give it to him.

Cha didn't give me the room number. I opted to stay in the lobby and wait for him. Kasi sabi nila, pupunta siya sa condo ni Jax. And it's anytime now.

I ordered a glass of juice as I waited for him at the resto near the lobby. Bawat lalaki na lalabas mula sa elevator, kulang na lang ay tumalon ang puso ko palabas ng dibdib ko. Hindi ko maialis ang tingin ko mula doon. I wanted to see him... to know how much he'd changed. If he still looked the same... because Cha said that he still talked a lot. Like before.

I wanted to see it all for myself.

I wanted to know if it would still hurt to look at him.

But... but I almost dropped the glass when I saw another familiar face in the lobby. No... why was she here? Why, of all places, was she here?

I could feel my heart beating faster as I watched her walk as if she owned the place. I could not remember the last time I saw her... I tried my best to get her out of my system... because I was fully aware that it would only take one click for her to destroy everything I have worked so hard for...

Pero bakit siya nandito?

Bakit nandito si Millie sa hotel ni Yago?

Mabilis kong ipinikit ang mga mata ko at huminga nang malalim. No... I shouldn't jump into any conclusion. She could be here for any reason. I didn't care. I didn't keep track of what's happening in her life. Si Ellie lang ang kailangan ko. I didn't want to be involved in any of her shits.

I averted my gaze. I got my phone and began to open emails from work just to distract myself. I didn't want my emotion to get the better of me.

But it was impossible...

Not when I saw whom she was meeting.

"No, please, not her," I said to myself as I saw Yago taking the opposite seat to her. My eyes couldn't be peeled from what was happening. Bakit sila magkasama? Did they keep contact all this years? For what reason?