Epilogue (Part 1)

#ILWTGEpilogue Part 1

"You like her?"

I almost spat my drink when Jax asked me that. The fuck! Wala man lang warning!

"The fuck is wrong with you? We're friends!" I said, sounding a little too defensive in my opinion. I mean, there's nothing wrong with Rory... Although I'd appreciate if she'd tone down all the eye rolling. I swear to God, sometimes, I worry that her eyes would roll so hard they'd stay at the back of her head permanently.

Jax laughed. "Sure."

"We're just friends, okay?" I said as I watched her get lost in the middle of the bar. She looked so cute in confusion. I'd admit na kaya ko lang siya dinala dito ay dahil gusto ko siyang makita ng lasing. She's too uptight—always barking at me. I wanted to see her have fun. I mean, I think she's fun... it's just that she's always annoyed at me kaya hindi ko siya nakaka-usap nang mabuti.

"I saw you write her name in one of our quizzes."

"That was one time!"

He laughed. "Buti nakita ko. Paano kung napasa mo 'yun?"

I flipped my middle finger at him. That happened one time and Jax wouldn't let it go! Hindi ko rin maintindihan kung bakit pangalan ni Rory iyong nailagay ko sa murder victim nung isang beses na may quiz kami sa crim. I didn't know what the hell was wrong with me! Was I thinking too much about her? Was that it? But we're almost always together! Kulang na nga lang sa condo niya rin ako tumira, e! But of course that's impossible. It's like she's allergic to me. There's like permanent judgment in her eyes whenever she looked at me.

"Ayaw mong sabihin sa kanya?"

"Am I supposed to take advice from someone like you?"

"Between the two of us, I think I'm better," Jax said.

He's the fucking worst.

"But seriously?" he said as I sneakily put more liquor in his glass. Let's see how this asshole is when he's drunk. Besides, I needed blackmail material. Ang damot nito sa digests niya! Ang gaganda pa naman! Ni hindi marunong magshare!

"We're just friends," I reiterated. "It's better that way."

Do I like Rory? Yes.

But will I act on it? No.

She's just too important for me to jeopardize it. I wasn't particularly good at handling relationships—I think my parents' marriage permanently ruined relationships for me. I just wanted companions every now and then. Some women who would warm my bed.

But Rory?

I need her constant eye rolling in my life.

So, nope. Not gonna cross that fucking line.

Thankfully, Jax shut up about Rory. I took that chance to make him drink some more. I wanted him to have fun. Every time I look at Jax, I kind of feel sad. It's like his sadness is rubbing off on me. He just looked so serious—too serious. Ilang beses ko na siyang inaya na lumabas pero parating may nakahanda siyang dahilan. I didn't know what came into him para sumama siya sa amin ngayong gabi.

"Where's Rory?" I asked Jax but he just mumbled some incoherent words. Gusto ko sana siyang iwanan para hanapin si Rory, but I couldn't do that to Jax. He looked so drunk and helpless and his mom would kill me if something happens to her baby boy.

Instead, I had my fun. I got my phone and took some incriminating photos of Jax. His entire face looked so red! Usually, he looked like a fucking corpse because he's so pale. This should make him share his digests with me! Hindi naman niya ikamamatay kapag binigyan niya ako! We're friends and friends are supposed to help each other!