Chapter 4

Chapter 4

*Troye PoV*

As soon as I saw the backseat, I knew I was fucked. Me and my crush sitting in a tiny backseat for long hours, with barely any service.

Basically it means no wifi or 4g for a very long time. Which meant either sleeping or talking to the person next to me. Which, probably not coincidentally, is Connor Franta.

And now, four hours later, I think it's safe to say that it is much worse than I imagined.

We had left the previous city at about 4 in the afternoon, which means that now it is about 8 o'clock. Normally, as an internet kid, I'm able to stay up till about three or four am with absolutely no problem. But with the traveling weariness and the stress from ItaTube finally gone, I'm extremely tired.

Which is then a dilemma.

The dilemma was, do I lean against the window and try my hardest not to lean on Connor, or lean on Connor and act like nothing happened? Leaning against the window would be the smarter choice, but leaning on Connor would create an abundance of feels I was not prepared for.

So, naturally, I leaned against Connor. He was, not surprisingly, extremely comfortable and warm. He was also the perfect height for me to slouch a little and still lean on his shoulder.

His hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer, forcing me into a more comfortable position. My face was pressed into his neck and his head leaned on top of my head. We were the perfect fit.

It took me a few seconds to realize that I was cuddling with Connor in the backseat of a rented Italian car on the way to Florence, with Alfie and Louis in the front seat.

I peeked one eye open and glanced at Alfie. He gave me a look that said, 'I know what you're up to'. I blushed, slightly turning aw ay from Connor's eyes so that he couldn't see me. I yawned, sounding like a baby dinosaur that's just awoken from a twelve hour nap. I cuddled farther into Connor, and let sleep overtake me, even if only for a few hours.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

When I awoke, it was pitch black outside. Connor and I had somehow migrated to a different position: him leaning against the window, and I leaning against his chest. Our seat belts weren't on, which meant either Alfie or Louis got up and made us more comfortable. Connor still had his arm around me, but now he was pushing me into his extremely hard and warm chest.

I sat up a little to check the time on the dashboard, being too lazy to pull out my phone and deal with the harsh light that would wake Connor up. The time read 3:47 am, which meant I had been sleeping for a good seven or so hours. Basically it meant more hours of sleep than I usually got.

I leaned back into Connor, a wave of chilliness weaving its way through my skin and bones. In a few seconds I was shivering, realizing how the warmth I initially felt disintegrated.

My first instinct was to snuggle closer to Connor, but that wasn't really possible, considering I was already abnormally close for a platonic friend. My second instinct was to search for a blanket, noting that the cars had stocked up on blankets and pillows and stashed them all around the cars before we left.

I dug through the bag at my feet, trying not to wake Marcus or Connor. Louis was still awake, but not paying attention as his headphones were on and he was listening to music. I found a blanket underneath everything I could possibly fit in the small space at my feet.

I pulled at the blanket, expecting it to come out quite easily and smoothly. But no, my life had to become even more awkward, being that as I pulled out the blanket, my hand slipped, and I slammed my bony elbow into Connor's ribcage with all of my strength (so not that hard).

I gasped, hoping and praying that Connor wouldn't notice that I basically just shoved a pack of sharpened pencils into his ribs. Unfortunately, life could not go the direction I wanted, and Connor started awake.

"W-wha-what's w-w-wron-g-g-g? He yawned, exposing his inner dinosaur. I blushed, embarrassed that I had woken him up.

"Sorry. I was cold and needed a blanket. I didn't mean to wake you." I whispered, trying not to wake Alfie or make Louis look back. Connor shook his head.

"It's fine. I was having a weird dream anyways." He rubbed his temple with his right hand, his other hand pulling me slightly closer. I laid the blanket over us and settled into Connor's warm side again.

"What was it about?" I asked him, looking up at him. He breathed a chuckle, placing his hand on my cheek.

"It was a stupid little dream. One of the ones that's been running through my head a lot recently. I have the tendency to wake up around four when having them though." He muttered, biting his bottom lip.

"Why?" I inquired, eager to continue the conversation.

"Why what?" He replied, his green eyes reflecting the street lamps.

"Why are you having them?" I questioned.

"Nerves, more than likely. I have really bad nerves, especially when being in different countries." Connor responded, clarifying the situation.

I nodded, completely understanding. "I get like that sometimes, but it's not a thing that gets into my dreams and shit." I added. By now Connor was leaning against the door, having me lay on his stomach. His arm was draped around my back, his other arm resting on my stomach. I was curled into his side, noticing every little detail about his face, shining in the moonlight and streetlight.

I could feel Connor breathe a laugh again. "I wish it didn't get into my dreams 'and shit'. It messes up my sleeping patterns."

"Those nonexistent sleeping patterns you have?" I inquired, casting him a meaningful look. He shrugged, yawning again. His green eyes were rimmed with sleep as he struggled to keep them open.

"You should go back to sleep. I'm here, and I'll protect you from the weird dreams!" I whisper-sang. He laughed again, struggling to keep the others from hearing.

"I hope you will. And I should- but I-I wa-want to-o stay up wi-with you-...." His eyes dropped close, extinguishing the sound of his melodious voice. The butterflies increased, watching him curl around me. He was adorable.

-----------------

A/N: Hiiiii! Hello to all you new people! I'm Olivia, if you didn't know! I didn't realize I had so many people following this story! So here's my thank your for 2.3K!

Sorry I didn't update earlier, I've been laden with homework these past few weeks. I haven't had time, plus I had a teeny bit of writers block. But I promise I'll update sooner next time. Promise. I might break the promise but I promise.

Thank you again for 2.3K reads! It means a TON.

Promo:

Tumblr: youtubers-are-life

Twitter: @livilaser

Instagram: @livilaser

And follow, vote, and comment! I love y'all!