Chapter 2

He opened his eyes to find himself in a hospital tied to life monitors. Since the incident with saving the plane he had been highly guarded by the army. He slowly looked around to the room when a pounding headache came from nowhere. He grabbed his head in pain and wished it away. The pain didn’t go away but after a few minutes it was bearable.

“ Devon, Devon where are you?” He called out.

All was quiet and his brother never answered. He slowly lifted himself up feeling a little bit weak and dizzy but he could tell something else was different, he wasn’t to sure but he felt as if his powers had evolved. He sat in the bed looking around wondering where his brother was. As he examined the room he found a T.V hanging from the wall and another bed, vacant nonetheless. As he tried to getting his bearings an older woman entered the room to do her daily check up.

“My dear boy, you’re a wake” She said surprised.

“Welcome back to the world of the living” she tried to be funny but he was in no mood to laugh.

“Where’s my brother” were the first words out of his mouth to her. She didn’t say a word only smiled and offered him some water. She checked his vitals and then informed him that she would be back with a small pitcher of water for him.

“Where is my brother?” he said once more as she walked out.

The guards had overheard that last question but didn’t answer him either. He wanted to get up but he felt to dizzy and weak still. He laid back and watched as life went on from the comfort of a hospital bed. She arrived 5 minutes later with some water and helped him drink it not once answering that question. She informed him that a growing boy such as his self had to eat so she left to bring over a tray of food. A few minutes later a doctor walked in and started speaking to him.

“Hello” the doctor said while looking at the medical charts.

“Where’s my brother?” Troy asked once again.

“Not now my child, we need to see exactly how well you are recovering, what you did was remarkable,” the doctor said.

“My name is Dr. Groverlander” he introduced himself.

“Where did you come from?” the doctor asked.

Troy did not once reply to any of his million questions.

“What’s wrong why won’t you talk?” the Doctor asked.

“Why will you not tell me where my brother is?” Troy insisted.

The doctor became quiet and didn’t say a word. He was unsure if now would be a good time to tell the young boy that his brother was found dead.

“NO” Troy yelled out and began to cry.

“Devon, why” he sobbed.

The doctor didn’t understand, he knew he had not said anything to him but yet the little boy cried. Troy had read the doctor’s thoughts as he sat there, why he couldn’t read the nurses was beyond him but the doctor did spend more time with him.

“Why are you still trying to keep that from me, I have a right to know that my brother’s dead?” Troy said.

“I’m sorry son, but I just felt that it was too early for you to know the truth” The doctor replied.

Troy’s heart was shattered he was too upset to talk about anything else and his eyes hadn’t stopped crying. He was truly alone on an unknown world. The only family now was a young man named Dean, that he had never known of nor did he know how to find him. The doctor patted his leg and informed him that he would give troy a few moments alone to grieve the loss of his brother. He stood up and left the room. As he buried his face into the pillow and bellowed out he started to feel his other powers getting stronger. He felt better more relaxed but most of all, his mind was still on the loss of his only true sibling. 30 minutes had passed and he had slowly stopped crying, now he wanted to know if Lord Lucifer was alive or not. He managed to talk the nurse into bringing him the information he needed. When she had returned back with the newspaper he quickly scanned the section to find out another surprise. He stopped and reread the story again; it was true he couldn’t believe that his brother had died but there was no mention of Lord Lucifer. The newspaper was confusing at first, they were unsure of how this other boy had died but the details were graphic. Pictures had shown his lifeless body lying in the spot where he had came crashing down. Nothing else was really discussed about until the police had informed the living sibling. As he glanced at the other pages trying to be strong he noticed the date, which took him for another surprise. Since the ordeal 3 full weeks had passed.