Chapter 16 - speechless

~ Jenna's POV ~

After 30 torturous minutes of laying down and not moving, I wheeled into a privet ward. Room 215, the same as before. The boys+Sophie come in shortly after the nurses have fixed me up, and I lay twiddling my fingers. Niall sits the closest, then Liam, Harry, Louis, Zayn with Sophie sitting on his lap, they're always like this, madly in love. But it's Liam that I worry about, what triggered that nightmare? Dose he think that him and Danielle are going to break up, or is he just stressed? Has something come up between them, or am I being paranoid? I'm being paranoid, Liam and Dani are the perfect couple.

Niall grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers, efficiently bringing me back to the ward. I look at him from the corner of my eyes and smile, he smiles back in my direction and turns to the sound of the door opening.

"alright I have your results," Dr. Andrew says. Everyone straightens up and pays great attention to whatever she is about to say.

"yes doc, what are they?" Liam asks politely.

"it seems that damage was done to the vocal cords but not the neck so you are free to go Jenna. But do not speak for a week, after that come back and we will do another scan." Dr. Andrews says as she flips through pages on her clipboard. Wait... One week? One flipping week until I can talk?! How can I NOT talk for one week when Sophie and the boys leave in five days?!

"one week?" Sophie says devastation clearly in her voice, her eyes wide open as if she's heard wrong.

"yes one week. Why? What's wrong?" she asks.

"I leave in 4 days, the others leave in 5," Sophie replies and looks back over to me.

"will she still have family?" the doc asks.

"yeah," Sophie replies.

"then there is no problem, you may leave now." Dr. Andrews says dismissively walks out the door. I continue to stare at the ceiling, a hand waves in front my face.

"Jen?" Niall asks, I turn my head to face him. He looks relieved but worried at the same time.

"what?" I mouth to him.

"nothing, let's go." he replies and stands, then grabs my hands and pulls me up. I stretch and rub the spot where my neck joins my back, it's really sore. We all walk out of the ward and take the elevator down, and what I see outside the hospital stops me in my tracks.

The press has surrounded the building.

I stand there wide eyed and opened mouth, my jaw literally hit the ground. Gasps came from the others as we stood there.

"how did they.....?" Harry asked.

"the paps caught our picture earlier, it must have spread all over the web." Liam answers, he's clearly the calmest right now. I whip out my iPhone and click on the twitter app and quickly check the trends

#jennaareyouokay?

Was trending at number 1. I tug on Niall's jumper and point to the screen, he looks and looks happily at the screen and I smile.

"guys #jennaareyouokay? Is trending at number 1," Niall says and everyone whips out their phones and check the trends too. I take my phone back and type out a new tweet.

@itsJennaT: hey guys saw the trend, I'm fine just had a scan and the doc told me not to talk for a while. Thanks for caring! :) xx

I send the tweet and exit the app, then shut off my phone. Seconds later my phone goes mad with all the mentions.

"okay guys, I've called Paul and he said that he'll be here soon." Liam says as he takes a seat, seems like we'll be staying awhile. Niall sits in the next chair and I sit on his lap, his arms snake around my waist and he leans his head on my back as I lean forward. The others grab chairs and just play with there phones, the ache in my neck doesn't fade and I constantly rub it.